Drugs were rife among players: Mundine

Former rugby league star Anthony Mundine has weighed into the drugs in sport crisis, claiming use among players was rife and that some clubs helped their stars avoid drug testers.

Mundine, who played for the Dragons from 1993 to 2000, but spent one year at Brisbane in 1997, said social drugs were a common problem during his playing days.
“It’s been there for years. I know in my time I’ve been offered drugs on the party scene and social scene,” Mundine told Fox Sports News.
“I don’t want to name names but a lot stars at that time were involved.”
Mundine suggested that many of the offenders were players who the public believed had clean reputations.

He also claimed some clubs helped players dodge potentially positive drug tests by tipping them off about the impending arrival of testers.

Funny how he waits until AFTER the fact to bring it up

Obviously must have a fight that desperately need self promotion coming up

@happy tiger:

I agree, anything he achieved in his time whilst playing footy, has been ruined by his b/s image/persona.
sometimes it’s just better to keep quiet. 💡

Also if he knew it was rife, why didn’t he have the internal fortitude to stand up and report it, at the time 😒 .

@happy tiger:

True. It would be the only positive outcome to potentially come from these statements. Typical.

Mundine…always has been a big noter….another opportunity to big note himself…

It’s a known fact in his industry drugs are a major influence and problem.

Ask any actor or producer or anyone in theatre.

What a great performer!

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

@westTAHger:

Also if he knew it was rife, why didn’t he have the internal fortitude to stand up and report it, at the time 😒 .

Cause he knew he was on a good thing.

Thanks for your input Choc….

He always seem to stick his nose ( in this case his mouth ) where it doesn’t belong.
Attention seeking each time.

Whilst I don’t have the highest opinion of Mundine, the reality is he is telling the truth. Why, most likely to gain more exposure for his upcoming fight.

Wouldn’t believe a single word that wanka said!

Does anyone have any proof that he didn’t know?

@GNR4LIFE:

Does anyone have any proof that he didn’t know?

Or does anyone have any proof that he did know? Proof is not his unsubstantiated word

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

The onus is on those trying to debunk his claims to find proof.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.