JT AND TEAM SELECTIONS

JT is smarter than we think, this is my take so far.
JT comes to the club knowing he has to clean it out, so he lets players leave and maybe pushes some out the door, this leaves him with a very thin NRL squad but full of junior talent.

So he has to pick from a very small squad, should he win he is seen as a great coach BUT if he loses he falls back on the OLD line we are blooding juniors and it will take time, he is in a win , win situation.
from what is left over after the NSW CUP side we will get the same names that failed last year, get ready for a 2-3 year period of excuses i think it will be a long painful year.
but i hope he is a master coach and it all falls his way.

Great another negative thread. We have had already a million of these during the off season.

I think he has made it pretty clear that the salary cap is in one hell of a mess and will take at least 12months before we can even consider looking outside the club for any new players. I also think any fringe first grader who is under contract and wants out will get their release.

From where I sit I think the club is on a winner with JT and his coaching team

All recruitment and retention is somewhat of a gamble, all he can go on is what he has in front of him currently
Happy to let this new group (board/coaching & S/C at the club sort itself out, do what they feel is right

Interesting view BP. And I can understand why you’d think that way. After all, this club has under performed for the last 3 years (and many more over the last decade).

I am not sure if Taylor is the type of bloke that would take failure lightly. I can’t see another 2-3 years of excuses. I could be wrong.

Come on bp, we have waited 5 months for kick off, we are days away and you start another negative post. If we have a poor season so be it, it won’t be for want if trying.

I read today that the first thing Taylor said to the team on day 1 was that there were to be no more excuses.

Lets just hope it applies to the coaches and administrators. I wont be accepting an inexperienced squad or this supposed salary cap being a mess issue as any sort of excuse.

Make the 8 or take the criticism!

@Tigersmurf:

Come on bp, we have waited 5 months for kick off, we are days away and you start another negative post. If we have a poor season so be it, it won’t be for want if trying.

sorry but i dont see it as negative, just my view on how JT may have looked at the situation he applied for, he really cant lose can he. I also said i hope he is a great coach, gee we need some cheering up dont we.

@bp tiger:

JT is smarter than we think, this is my take so far.
JT comes to the club knowing he has to clean it out, so he lets players leave and maybe pushes some out the door, this leaves him with a very thin NRL squad but full of junior talent.

So he has to pick from a very small squad, should he win he is seen as a great coach BUT if he loses he falls back on the OLD line we are blooding juniors and it will take time, he is in a win , win situation.
from what is left over after the NSW CUP side we will get the same names that failed last year, get ready for a 2-3 year period of excuses i think it will be a long painful year.
but i hope he is a master coach and it all falls his way.

No if we lose he will be seen in a poor light!

Taylor killed the recruitment and screwed retention because its part of a master plan to look good by doing well with less.

If there was ever a time for a slow clap, surely this is it?

Too many people who pay no attention to anyone outside our NRL squad talking way too much tripe.

Previous management were screwed, seriously backended players contracts so we seemingly have players like Lawrence on 500k, Moltzen on 3-400k etc. Unless someone else puts up their hand to take those players we’re stuck with them. Our squad is the best it’s been since 2011.

The squad we have is very capable of making the 8 and that will be the aim for JT this season. It’s unlikely he’ll get sacked if we don’t make the 8, we stuck by a Sheenius for a looong time. Even Potter got 2 years.

I see Taylors decisions re constructing the WT squad as sensible and I take his decisions and related talk at face value.
I don’t see JT as someone who would rest on his laurels and think ‘win or lose I’m going to look good’.
My perception of JT is that he wants to win, and wants to coach a winning team. He will work very hard to achieve that and will bring with him players that do the same. Those that don’t will be left by the wayside.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.