Lots of good players playing NSW Cup or Qld Cup

Just noticed a few handy players running around playing NSW Cup or Qld Cup this weekend

For me the most surprising is Corey Oates from the Broncos , playing for the CQ Capras

How Bennett sees more in Gavet than he does in Oates amazes me

Chanel Mata’utia for Newcastle is a big surprise for me , he’s playing in the Centres for Newcastle’s NSW Cup side.
Probably his punishment for signing with the Bulldogs next year.

Isnt Oates a center?
I agree….good player, young…but hes a qlder i think

Plays a bit of utility role Ink

He played backrow in the NYC and has actually played wing for the Broncos

I thought this would’ve been a Milky thread for some reason…

Quadja goes good

Sione M, not Chanel M. Still don’t know where they’re playing next season.

Maybe Bennett felt Oates needed a kick up the bum if he was cruising a little too much in pre season…? I’d take him though!

@happy tiger:

Just noticed a few handy players running around playing NSW Cup or Qld Cup this weekend

For me the most surprising is Corey Oates from the Broncos , playing for the CQ Capras

How Bennett sees more in Gavet than he does in Oates amazes me

Corey was naughty a few weeks back!

He has alot of potential though… Reminds me alot of Boyd Cordner!

Maranta picked over Vidot is a joke

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Vidot is apparently being groomed as a Prop/Backrower?

@Balmain Boy:

Sione M, not Chanel M. Still don’t know where they’re playing next season.

Maybe Bennett felt Oates needed a kick up the bum if he was cruising a little too much in pre season…? I’d take him though!

Was chatting to a mate yesterday who had been speaking to Michael Hagan. I understand the Knights are very confident that these boys will stay next season. Hard to see how they could say no to the Dogs who always have cash.

Jake Mamo is playing reggies and Sione Mata’utia is 18th man. If Newcastle can’t find a place for either of them that’s where we need to be looking. Sione Mata’utia would be an incredible pickup for us as a centre.

We’d have to pay exorbitantly for Sione, and he’s really not worth it at this stage of his career.

Mamo looks like a future star to me. I’m sure they’re just trying to bring him on slowly.

Oates looks very good to me, is he still eligible for NYC???

He is definitely a back rower long term, the fact that he handled center and wing is testament to his talent. Way too good for QLD cup.

Sione and Mamo wont be there long, both stars. I cant see BJ, McManus and Gidley keeping them out long.
Gidley might have to move somewhere else, he is not a better fullback than either Sione or Mamo.

I think Kurt’s first man picked status for a decade despite not really being the best player in any spot is evidence that being a really good bloke helps and coaches try sometimes to hard to pick guys who have excellent all round footy skills but dont really exceed in any given role. (Austin fits this bill also)

Barely recognised Jimmy Gavet with the short back and sides there. We all knew the talent he has and if Bennett can get him straight then he could very well have his spot on merit.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.