Dene Halatau...

I just don’t like him… I don’t mean in the sense of his persona or anything but i feel like his heart and passion just isn’t there, kinda as if he doesn’t really care about the club or winning but just doing it to pay the bills. Any thoughts?

I love him, one of my all time favourite players, but his best footy was in 05. Literally 10 yrs ago.

That’s a really slack OP. I can tell you Halatau tried as hard or harder than anyone else last night. The only problem with his on field role is that he doesn’t seem to have an actual job on the field aside from ad hoc utility stuff. Halatau didn’t have a bad game by any stretch.

When he first came into grade he was on of the most promising juniors we’d ever had. He could run through a brick wall. Sadly, those days are long gone. He should be a bench warmer at best this yr. No way should he be starting in front of Taupau and even Santi.

@GNR4LIFE:

When he first came into grade he was on of the most promising juniors we’d ever had. He could run through a brick wall. Sadly, those days are long gone. He should be a bench warmer at best this yr. No way should he be starting in front of Taupau and even Santi.

Agree. No doubt he tries but we have better stock in the ranks at the moment.

@GNR4LIFE:

That’s fair but to suggest he is only here for a pay check and doesn’t care is ridiculous.

Halatau loves this club and will always give it his best both on and off the field. Unfortunately, he just does not have the talent to stand out all that much in today’s game. He is more worker than impact player.

I doubt it would be possible to play NRL just for the pay…passion, the will to win, doing it for your team mate…being the guy your team mates wanna play with…not to mention the training, rehab and just out and out pain that goes on in the collisions in NRL…you cannot do all this “just for the paycheck”…imo.

Thanks for your perspectives, must just be a vibe im getting. When i say he doesn’t care about the club and winning i mean it in the sense that i feel like hes not up to first grade anymore (talent/skill wise) and he knows that and there are better players to replace him however he insists he plays

He’s a cool guy but yeah… when was the last time he was a good player?
I can see how he could be handy at times throughout the year but honestly, he’s not the most exciting signing.

Hope he has a few killer games this year tho, deserves a few good wins.

@Lakra:

Thanks for your perspectives, must just be a vibe im getting. When i say he doesn’t care about the club and winning i mean it in the sense that i feel like hes not up to first grade anymore (talent/skill wise) and he knows that and there are better players to replace him however he insists he plays

Yeah I see what you’re trying to say, Lakra. Could say the same about Lawrence also, tbh. However, these guys are giving it their best on the field and at training and, from their perspective, they are most likely happy with their contributions each week. Us supporters, on the other hand, will often see things differently. The coaches (past & present) seem reluctant to drop them though, so they must be seeing something in them that a lot of us fans aren’t, also.

Post deleted cos I was completely wrong. Misleading information has now been replaced with a kitten.

@Cosimo_Zaretti:

If he just wanted to plod through for the paycheque, he would have stayed in England. More money against easier opposition.

Halatau played in England? When?

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

@southerntiger:

@Cosimo_Zaretti:

If he just wanted to plod through for the paycheque, he would have stayed in England. More money against easier opposition.

Halatau played in England? When?

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

He didn’t. Not sure why I thought he’d done a stint in the ESL, I’ll just quietly retract that.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.