Cronulla

I know it’s still early days, but I’ve never seen a team with so many ‘star’ players play like such crap. They have absolutely nothing in attack!

Star players….

The has-beens (Gallen, Ennis, Heino,Tupou, Robson, etc)
The never was (Mitch Brown, Mich Gordon, Wade Graham, etc)
& some up and comers (V. Holms, Feki, etc)

Garbage roster.

I wrote this in a text message to my friend that supports the sharks, after watching last night’s game:

Flanagan needs to tell Gallen to stop taking so many hit ups. He is actually ruining the sharks attack. At the end of last night’s game, he was taking two hit ups a set, just straight off the dummy half. It’s not hard to stop him when he runs one out like that, and he’s just wasting two tackles.

I’ve never seen a club that lacks speed out wide yr after yr after yr. They are totally inept at addressing this problem

@Demps:

Star players….

Garbage roster.

Disagree Demps, I rate Gordon and Graham

Problem Barba (worst signing of 2015) and Ennis not playing well… Gallen and Fafita hog the ball!

Only player I like is Feki and I have a soft spot for Gordon who tries hard.

Under the new rule interpretation, the teams with quick hookers will make the most meters such as Luke and Segyaro. Those with slow or defensive hookers will struggle such as Ennis and Gidley (although I dont think he is hooker at the moment). Interesting to see how Smith handles it.

On paper look great , but in action zzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!

@steve-o:

I wrote this in a text message to my friend that supports the sharks, after watching last night’s game:

Flanagan needs to tell Gallen to stop taking so many hit ups. He is actually ruining the sharks attack. At the end of last night’s game, he was taking two hit ups a set, just straight off the dummy half. It’s not hard to stop him when he runs one out like that, and he’s just wasting two tackles.

He does it in Origin as well. It’s always the same plays with him and Bird continually running one out, trying to bash their way through the line. NSW were just lucky they could override it with some skill sets and actually win last year’s Origin.

Gallen may be considered inspirational with his hard running and impressive workload, but in reality, he stifles so much of a team’s attack trying to be the hero and do everything himself all the time. Cronulla are unfortunate in that they have both Gallen and Heighno, who also tends to get in the line, stifling backline movements on many occasions.

@Flippedy:

@steve-o:

He does it in Origin as well. It’s always the same plays with him and Bird continually running one out, trying to bash their way through the line. NSW were just lucky they could override it with some skill sets and actually win last year’s Origin.

Gallen may be considered inspirational with his hard running and impressive workload, but in reality, he stifles so much of a team’s attack trying to be the hero and do everything himself all the time. Cronulla are unfortunate in that they have both Gallen and Heighno, who also tends to get in the line, stifling backline movements on many occasions.

Totally agree. Gus has actually mentioned during his commentary of origin games that same thing regarding Gallen and Bird going one out. It’s great to take those kind of hit ups when you’re in your own half, but once you get on the other side of half way, as you said, all they are doing is stifling the attack.

Spot on Stev-o and Flip. Gallen is a ball hog. Also there’s a lot of new players in that team and probably need time to gel. They will improve by the time they play us unfortunately 😐

@Demps:

Star players….

Garbage roster.

I reckon Rhino is in career best form , don’t know who he stole his ball skills from ??

The end of 2014 and 2015 he has performed

@happy tiger:

@Demps:

Star players….

Garbage roster.

I reckon Rhino is in career best form , don’t know who he stole his ball skills from ??

You’re right he has been playing well, must’ve needed the change.

I actually tipped Cronulla to be the big improvers this season with that roster and Flanagan back in charge. Sure, it’s early days and as Tigermama said the new players need time to gel, but they’re sure gonna need a massive improvement on last night’s performance because Brisbane played like crap also, but still kept them try-less!

@happy tiger:

@Demps:

Star players….

Garbage roster.

Agree with you Happy. Heigno has been playing well. Can’t fault his effort.

And the Sharks signed their coach for how many seasons while he was suspended?..…

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.