Farah's Adaptibility

watched robbie’s highlight package by The Great Bon and gotta say it’s amazing how he’s adapted himself overtime.

he started off as a dynamic hooker (ala isaac luke right now), then as he matured he improved his kicking game (esp short kicking), his passing game has gotten better every year and his defense is one of the best for a dummy half.

i remember watching him in the 07-08 period where he just about did everything for the team. kicked goals when needed, played halfback and just gave everything possible.

then fast forward to the '10-11 era, his delivery to the inform benji and lui was so crisp. i remember andrew johns (maybe matt johns) used to point out how robbie would always throw the ball with pin point accuracy in front of benji making him run.

of late, he hasn’t had much space to work with but his defense has improved out of sight. making regularly 50+ tackles a game must be tiring but he keeps giving it his all and making some great kick metres as well.

tbh, idk what it is about him but im not a fan of his personality- maybe i find him too selfish and snobby. but i just realised (maybe later than most), how he’s constantly adapted his game style to suit the need of the team and the contemporary game.

on ya, rob

Agreed. The way it is coming out, he was left out to dry last year by higher powers who were acting in the best long-term interest of the club. Would be unfair to mark his contribution on that period alone.

I will be marking Farah at the end of his contract.

Nice analysis. He’s been around a long time now Farah and always one of our best.

It disappoints me how quickly some people have turned on him in the last 18 months, it just goes to illustrate the fickle nature of some supporters.

He certainly was especially dynamic in that 07-09 period, he came so close to winning Dally M on a few occasions. And to think he wasn’t even getting a proper origin run then.

He’s not as good as he was. I think give it a yr or 2 and Seggy will overtake him. He’s getting older and his role in the side is changing. He’s still the best no 9 in NSW though, and should hold down that jumper till he retires.

he’s been playing NRL for 10 seasons now. The standard he has set for himself is amazing. when he falls a bit short we are quick to judge. I don’t know how many more seasons he has left… maybe four at max?
Michael Ennis started at Newcastle a year or two before Robbie. Then they played against each other in the Semi final of 2005, when Ennis was with Saints.then he went to Bronco’s/Dogs and Sharks.
Danny Buderus played about 15 season, two of which were this Leeds in SL.
We’ve been lucky to have Robbie at the WTs all this time.

@GNR4LIFE:

He’s not as good as he was. I think give it a yr or 2 and Seggy will overtake him. He’s getting older and his role in the side is changing. He’s still the best no 9 in NSW though, and should hold down that jumper till he retires.

Segeyaro will overtake him as what exactly?

have you noticed the less he talks the better he plays - that 40 20 was great.

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3

@Fade To Black:

@GNR4LIFE:

As a contender for Australia’s next top model.

Seriously.

nothing against Sageyaro

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3

@GNR4LIFE:

@Fade To Black:

@GNR4LIFE:

Seriously.

No need to get your nightie in a knot precious. It was a genuine bloody question. He will overtake him as what? NSW hooker? Always good if people know what you are talking about.

@Fade To Black:

@GNR4LIFE:

@Fade To Black:

@GNR4LIFE:

Seriously.

No need to get your nightie in a knot precious. It was a genuine bloody question. He will overtake him as what? NSW hooker? Always good if people know what you are talking about.

Judging by my last sentence, what do you think?

Either you’re a little slow on the uptake or you’re just being pedantic for the sake of it. Have a think about what i’d be talking about, surely it wouldn’t be that difficult to comprehend.

Oh so what you are saying is Segeyaro will be better than Farah in a year or 2, but Farah is the best hooker in NSW and should hold it until he retires. Is Farah gonna retire in a year or 2 is he scoop?

@Fade To Black:

Oh so what you are saying is Segeyaro will be better than Farah in a year or 2, but Farah is the best hooker in NSW and should hold it until he retires. Is Farah gonna retire in a year or 2 is he scoop?

Well, considering Seggy is not a New South Welshman, i’d say yes, Farah will.

Didn’t think that one through did you? :crazy

You said Farah is the best hooker in NSW. I thought Segeyaro plays for Penrith? Isn’t Penrith in NSW? Clear as mud.

Dear oh dear, talk about clutching at straws.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.