Luke Brooks

There were times there where he lacked some vision.

Andrew Johns made some good points on the radio on the way home from the game. He seems to be making his mind up before he passes the ball which runner he is going to hit. 2 or 3 times ha them on the rack near the goal line. Brooks through some really poor passes to players that were either running decoys or in poor position to make a play.

I don’t want to seem like I am bagging him. Because he clearly has a lot of up side and had a hand in a couple of tries. However down on their goal line tonight he seemed a bit robotic at times.

The thing is, both Brooks and Moses are far from their best at the moment and will only get better as the season goes IMO. Certainly frustrating at times from a fan’s perspective, but we need to be patient with them.

Maybe Johns will pack it up at Manly now that Foran and Cherry-Evans are gone and we can snap him up to coach our halves.

@Eddie:

There were times there where he lacked some vision.

Andrew Johns made some good points on the radio on the way home from the game. He seems to be making his mind up before he passes the ball which runner he is going to hit. 2 or 3 times ha them on the rack near the goal line. Brooks through some really poor passes to players that were either running decoys or in poor position to make a play.

I don’t want to seem like I am bagging him. Because he clearly has a lot of up side and had a hand in a couple of tries. However down on their goal line tonight he seemed a bit robotic at times.

Yeh he did, had some real bad passes, likewise Moses taking wrong options. But it will take time. They will make their fair share of mistakes. If I remember correctly Teddy took some time to come good too. But there is a lot to look forward to seeing those three develop.

Not sure about the tactic of all those mid field bombs, its frustrating and you have to wonder why Taylor is pushing it.

Brooks with every mistake he will get better, its a massive learning curve. At least he is trying to ball play and be creative. He just has to remain positive and upbeat

Watching again now…Brooks puts in a lovely kick for Tedesco….do that once a week I’ll take it…plenty of chances created …execution will get better

@Geo.:

Watching again now…Brooks puts in a lovely kick for Tedesco….do that once a week I’ll take it…plenty of chances created …execution will get better

There was also one in the 2nd half that only terrific vision from Widdop stopped a repeat effort.

Give him time….they got a bit frantic in the 2nd half

Brooks and Moses are growing into their roles, 3 years and they will be the DCE and Foran of their Generation.

Lets just hope the club…… you know

@Spartan117:

Brooks and Moses are growing into their roles, 3 years and they will be the DCE and Foran of their Generation.

Lets just hope the club…… you know

I think they are riding on Robbie’s and Teddy’s coat tails at the moment Spartan

I don’t have an issue with that , but Brooks choices at times in attack have to be questioned

You either do have vision or you don’t

i just seem to have a lot more confidence in brooks’ development prospects than moses’. hopefully it is just because he has a season on him, but im happy for brooks to make mistakes and learn and improve, whereas moses seems to be either too much in his shell or a bit out of his depth at the moment.

also, brooks is a far better defender and tackler right now. i hope moses will put a little muscle on (without losing pace) and improve in that area.

patience, turnstyle… patience! 😆

i don’t think the ceiling on brooks is as high as people think.

I am brooks biggest fan but the second half was shocking no structure keeps passing to siro near the line mix it up son the defence knows what you are going to do

Andrew Johns’ comments after the game concern me a little, as Eddie says.

He said Brooks looks as though he is pre-planning which pass to throw/option to take BEFORE he gets the ball, and he sticks with this option regardless of what happens.

I expect inconsistency for Brooks and Moses but they have both been ordinary for two weeks in a row.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.