Your team v Souths

Does anyone know if there are rules relating to Martin Taupau being taken off for concussion 2 weeks in a row?

Outside of that, as little changes as possible while this squad finds it feet.

Probably best to send Kyle back to Reggies to get some game time?

Lodge in for Buchanan only change.
Buchanan stays if Taupau can’t play.

1. Tedesco
2. Naiqama
3. Simona
4. Lawrence
5. Richards
6. Moses
7. Brooks
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Sironen
12. Sue
13. Taupau/Santi

14. Seumanufagai
15. Santi/Buchanan
16. Lodge
17. Halatau

@Sabre:

Lodge in for Buchanan only change.
Buchanan stays if Taupau can’t play.

this

I hope Marty can play though, this same game last year the pigs belted the Bunnies pack and in my opinion, they had a better pack last year than this, so here’s hoping for a repeat performance.

@willow:

1. Tedesco
2. Naiqama
3. Simona
4. Lawrence
5. Richards
6. Moses
7. Brooks
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Sironen
12. Sue
13. Taupau/Santi

14. Seumanufagai
15. Santi/Buchanan
16. Lodge
17. Halatau

I wish there were a better alternative for Halatau, but this is our best line up.

Halatau was great last night. When we started to get complacent and stupid in the 2nd half he settled things down and did exactly what was required of him. I wouldn’t be dropping him any time soon, IMO he needs to be there.

@willow:

1. Tedesco
2. Naiqama
3. Simona
4. Lawrence
5. Richards
6. Moses
7. Brooks
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Sironen
12. Sue
13. Taupau/Santi

14. Seumanufagai
15. Santi/Buchanan
16. Lodge
17. Halatau

I think your on the money Willow and this will be our side (subject to Taupau) i’m not sure of the rules in regards with concussion .
I have a funny feeling that we are really going to give them a good game , don’t think we will win but the effort will be there .
We will definitely know where we are at after this Weekend , C’Mon Wests Tigers !!!

Am I the only one who thinks halatau brings a lot to the team? I feel safe when the opposition run at him and when he carries the ball. He’s quite solid. I would have him in our 17 until grand final tbh

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

@Sabre:

Halatau was great last night. When we started to get complacent and stupid in the 2nd half he settled things down and did exactly what was required of him. I wouldn’t be dropping him any time soon, IMO he needs to be there.

Agree 100%. Very pleased with his work especially the second 40!

@tig_prmz:

Am I the only one who thinks halatau brings a lot to the team? I feel safe when the opposition run at him and when he carries the ball. He’s quite solid. I would have him in our 17 until grand final tbh

My only argument with Halatau would be that he tends to lie down on top of the man trying to play the ball at times to long and last night was lucky not to get penalised a couple times .

He’s no Farah in terms of creativity from dummy half but has some scoots in him from dummy half.
It just comes down to what sort of a role JT wants him to play.

@tig_prmz:

He’s solid and that’s about it. I would like a stand in hooker to be a little dynamic to be honest, to have impact.

if taupau doesnt play because of some NRL rule then hopefully a. reynolds is the same cause he was wobbling around like crazy

I hope Tapau plays because the neurologist can’t find any brain injury, not because he passes a basic cognitive test with the team doc or because the NRL stipulates X number of hours. We need him against Souths, but not at the risk of his long term function.

i think he provides more than just back up hooker. he replaced siro later in the 2nd half, taupau as well as sue. he runs a good line and is fast for a 33 yo 2nd rower. not to forget that he’s part of the leadership group. our best 2nd row includes siro, lovett, taupau and sue and we’d be lucky to have 100 games between them.

this is probably patty and dene’s last year.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.