Rorters..

Just looking at the teams for this weekends Grass Roots Round and had a bit of a giggle at this mob…

Roosters

1 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (Otahuhu Saints)
2 Daniel Tupou (Berala Bears)
3 Michael Jennings (St Mary’s Saints)
4 Blake Ferguson (Wellington Cowboys)
5 Shaun Kenny-Dowall (East Coast Bays)
6 James Maloney (St Edwards Gosford)
7 Mitchell Pearce © (Asquith Magpies)
8 Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (North Sydney)
9 Matt McIlwrick (Halswell Hornets)
10 Sam Moa (Mangere East Hawks)
11 Boyd Cordner (Old Bar Pirates)
12 Aidan Guerra (Townsville Brothers)
13 Isaac Liu (Otahuhu Leopards)

Interchange
14 Mitchell Aubusson (Ballina Seagulls)
15 Dylan Napa (Aspley Devils)
16 Kane Evans (Leichhardt Wanderers)
17 Sio Siua Taukeiaho (Otara Scorpions)
18 Willie Manu (North Curl Curl)
19 Martin Kennedy (Norths Ipswich)

Coach: Trent Robinson

BRED not BOUGHT, 😒

I wouldn’t mind being in their position.

Good to see Willie Manu back in the top grade. My favourite player from the Lamb era, and still to this day probably in my top 5 favourite players in the entire JV

@GNR4LIFE:

Good to see Willie Manu back in the top grade. My favourite player from the Lamb era, and still to this day probably in my top 5 favourite players in the entire JV

Willie Manu was lucky to be getting a game in the poxy pommy Super League. Would be surprised if he plays too much 1st grade this season.

@GNR4LIFE:

One of my favs as well. Always good for a line break or two.

Surprised he has carved out such a long career.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

@southerntiger:

@GNR4LIFE:

He was a powerhouse when he played for us. Still remember a try he scored in 2002 against the Roosters at C-town. Just busted the line on halfway and couldn’t be stopped. Was in the mold of Tuiaki and Taupau.

Willie Manu will only play when origin period is on and that will be as a bench player

@GNR4LIFE:

@southerntiger:

@GNR4LIFE:

He was a powerhouse when he played for us. Still remember a try he scored in 2002 against the Roosters at C-town. Just busted the line on halfway and couldn’t be stopped. Was in the mold of Tuiaki and Taupau.

Agree that he showed some promise when he played for us, I thought he had the talent to play rep footy but he never did fulfil his potential for whatever reason. He had power, a great offload and punishing defence at times but that was over a decade ago. He is arguably the greatest disappointment in WT history IMO in terms of unfulfilled potential, he had the ability to be a star. Good luck to him, pity it is with an a-hole club like the Roosters though.

I’m from Group 10 territory and when ever Maloney is mentioned in the local press they always refer to him being from Orange and was a St. James Sheahan/CYMS junior while I had some idea that Junior Junior’s Junior club was Lane Cove.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.