Foundations For a Very, Very Great Team

The dynasty is well under way 🙏

Have a look at our props and you have the number one prop in the game in Woodsy, Big Keithy, the potential of Lodge and the reliability of Ava and you have yourself a world class front row to match it with any other in the NRL.

I’m more excited about Lamar Liolevavae then any of our other potential superstars, bar Teddy. From what I’ve seen from him so far, he could be our Taumololo once he matures and gains some much needed experience. Combine that with Siro and Taupau in the back row and we could have a devastating back row in the years to come.

That truly would be a devastating pack.

That doesn’t even take into consideration the potential to have our very own big 4 in the most important positions on the field (the spine). We all saw what Brooksy can do in his very first game in FG, now its just being able to do it consistently with a settled team around him and a better attacking structure.

In the eyes of one of the greatest ever halves (Peter Sterling): "Mitchell Moses will be a real star. “As a footballer, he’s the one.” Now for me that’s enough to keep me buzzing until our next match.

Then we have Teddy. We all know what he is destined for, provided the injury Gods grant him some luck.

That leaves us with the hooker position, which will be occupied by Robbie for another 2.5 years. In that time we can only hope he continues to lead by example on the field and guide our youngsters along, until another potential superstar is ready to fill his shoes. By then, Brooksy and Moses will hopefully have complete control of the team and Manaia will just have to do his job, despite his ability to cause havoc and be our Issac Luke style player.

That there could be our very own big 4, to take advantage of the platform set out by a devastating forward pack. We also have quality players to feed out wide in Simona, Nofo and Naqiama

The way i see it, we have two challenges in winning a premiership: Injuries and Salary Cap.

I hope, Mayer has some third party agreements lined up because come 2017 and beyond, we’re going to need them. Hopefully Harry can help 🙏

Go the Tigers :sign:

best thing about cherrington is he’s probably the best young hooker around. which means in 5 years or so NZ will have the best hooker in the world!!! 😃

(this might be slightly exagerated) haha

@Tony33:

The dynasty is well under way 🙏

Have a look at our props and you have the number one prop in the game in Woodsy, Big Keithy, the potential of Lodge and the reliability of Ava and you have yourself a world class front row to match it with any other in the NRL.

I’m more excited about Lamar Liolevavae then any of our other potential superstars, bar Teddy. From what I’ve seen from him so far, he could be our Taumololo once he matures and gains some much needed experience. Combine that with Siro and Taupau in the back row and we could have a devastating back row in the years to come.

That truly would be a devastating pack.

That doesn’t even take into consideration the potential to have our very own big 4 in the most important positions on the field (the spine). We all saw what Brooksy can do in his very first game in FG, now its just being able to do it consistently with a settled team around him and a better attacking structure.

In the eyes of one of the greatest ever halves (Peter Sterling): "Mitchell Moses will be a real star. “As a footballer, he’s the one.” Now for me that’s enough to keep me buzzing until our next match.

Then we have Teddy. We all know what he is destined for, provided the injury Gods grant him some luck.

That leaves us with the hooker position, which will be occupied by Robbie for another 2.5 years. In that time we can only hope he continues to lead by example on the field and guide our youngsters along, until another potential superstar is ready to fill his shoes. By then, Brooksy and Moses will hopefully have complete control of the team and Manaia will just have to do his job, despite his ability to cause havoc and be our Issac Luke style player.

That there could be our very own big 4, to take advantage of the platform set out by a devastating forward pack. We also have quality players to feed out wide in Simona, Nofo and Naqiama

The way i see it, we have two challenges in winning a premiership: Injuries and Salary Cap.

I hope, Mayer has some third party agreements lined up because come 2017 and beyond, we’re going to need them. Hopefully Harry can help 🙏

Go the Tigers :sign:

Well put Tony33.
It’s an exciting prospect, it all coming together.
If the team keeps putting in the hard yards, it’s only a matter of time before it does.
These young guys especially have been aiming high and working hard a long time.
You can tell they’ve got eyes only for success.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Yep …… good post.
I hope Mayer is the right man to manage it … I’m sure the new board will have no hesitation finding a replacement if he isnt.

Things are looking rosey.

That spine can be anything…and our pigs look big and nasty.

Adding to that some class out wide and u really have to get excited.

This could be tempered a little if we get a jolt this weekend,but if we rough Souffs up i will be getting uber excited!

And Im loving all the juniors in our side….its got a lovely olskool feel about it.

Having kids that dream of playing for the tigers together and actually doing it is just brilliant!!

There is a lot of potential but the question will be how far they progress. Brooks and Moses look like they could be great players but at the moment they aren’t. Tedesco is already at the level we need to be at however he does get injured a lot. Robbie appears to be slowing down a fair bit. He is still quality but there has to be some questions marks surrounding how good he can be for us consistently.

I feel pretty confident about our pack though. It looks good. I thought Sue and Halatau might be concerns for us but last weekend they both looked great.

Future looks good if these guys stay healthy and continue to improve.

I’m excited.

Definitely, but we’re not there yet. No better opposition to give you a guide of how far you have to still go than the Rabbitohs

Jam yesterday. Jam tomorrow.
No Jam today.

Yes we have the foundations but things can change in an instant

Many of us thought the same in 2010 with the likes of Moltzen ,Lui ,Lawrence ,Dwyer ,Fifita etc coming through

Just be patient and let the kids develop and see what happens

We will still need to bring in some outside talent

@happy tiger:

Many of us thought the same in 2010 with the likes of Moltzen ,Lui ,Lawrence ,Dwyer ,Fifita etc coming through

Yep. The juniors can’t do it all themselves

@happy tiger:

That’s true. When the Broncos were the best team in the NRL, Bennett always brought in one or two players every year. It keeps it fresh, and keeps everyone on their toes - and it allows the team to fill any weaknesses.

@pHyR3:

best thing about cherrington is he’s probably the best young hooker around. which means in 5 years or so NZ will have the best hooker in the world!!! 😃

(this might be slightly exagerated) haha

Liddle could be in the mix too

@GNR4LIFE:

Definitely, but we’re not there yet. No better opposition to give you a guide of how far you have to still go than the Rabbitohs

it could change our season

Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.