Roosters: Kennedy for Burgess?

Seeing how the Roosters have magically operated over the years it wouldn’t surprise to see them get Martin Kennedy off their books and replace him with Sam Burgess if he is looking to come back to the NRL. After all they somehow managed to offload BJ Leilua and replace him with Sonny Bill and James Maloney a few seasons back….then again seeing how well Leilua has started this season he will probably be back on the Roosters roster for 2016.

Doubtful. Kennedy would have been signed on chicken feed.

@Cultured Bogan:

Chicken feed , peptides , tamato, tomato

@Cultured Bogan:

Isn’t Blake Ferguson currently, and Sonny Bill when he originally signed with Roosters in 2011 or 2012, basically declared by the Roosters spin-doctors to pretty much be playing for the ‘love of the game’ ie bottom-end wages? The same as supposedly Gasnier was on when he came back from France to play for Dragons. It is all top-end BS and doctoring of the salary cap that would allow a club to do deals like this. That is why I wouldn’t at all be surprised if Easts somehow weasel Burgess in under their cap. The precedent is there.

Envy is an deadly sin……We should be looking at ways to better manage OUR Cap…level the playing field…

@Geo.:

Envy is an deadly sin……We should be looking at ways to better manage OUR Cap…level the playing field…

I believe most teams are cheating the cap, some are just doing it better than others.

@Geo.:

Look I have heard we are greatly improved already with TPA’s 😉

Expect things to improve once we roll over the past mistakes 😛

I doubt Burgess would want to play for the Rorters, he knows how much hate there is between the two clubs.

Not a chance.
Souths had a clause when they released him early that he could not play for any other NRL team other than them.(I would imagine until the end of his original contract)

@Tigertigertiger:

I doubt Burgess would want to play for the Rorters, he knows how much hate there is between the two clubs.

Meh he supposedly loved Souths too, not enough to leg it for a big pay day in English Rugby though.

If the money was right he’d come back to play for Easts.

@cktiger:

Not a chance.
Souths had a clause when they released him early that he could not play for any other NRL team other than them.(I would imagine until the end of his original contract)

I know they sign these contracts but its a bit like Hayne’s agreement with Parra. Its all well and good to say you have to come back to the club but what happens when the club goes out and spends their cap elsewhere. I doubt a club would be able to block a player going to another club if they couldn’t fit them in their cap.

Benji Marshall also had a clause like that when he left.

I am sure Souths could arrange a deal with the NRL to get big Sam back. A third party deal, marquee allowance or just a deal under the table, the NRL would love to have a draw card like big Sam back. Or maybe they would send him up to the NRL Titian’s to give DCE some support

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.