Value of being a Wests Tigers supporter...

I would like to mention to my forum friends that I just had the biggest arguement with a mate over being a WTs supporter and fan.It all stems from the Monday night game against the Saints…I told him I couldn’t get in because of the unusual dramas that unfolded that night,re.train fatality at Glenfield and ticket booths not being fully manned…I told him we went to Wests Leagues and watched it there and had meals and beers,his answer was if you purchased the full membership ie $1500or$750 you wouldn’t have that trouble and you wouldn’t be a fair dinkum supporter if you didn’t buy one of those packages…

This is when I blew up,as most of you know I live about an hour from Campbo and 2 hours from Liechardt and ANZ one way I have family and buying the supporter package was the most economical way to be a member.I don’t get any tickets Iam quite happy to pay if I go to a particular game if work and family permits…

My question to you guys is am I a lesser fan than those that pay the premium for membership,I told him that one time about two years ago I donated $150.00 to the Wests Tigers and I wasn’t even a member then,his response was …well your a sucker,and of course he is a fully fledged Souths supporter( which makes me even wilder)… : 😠

According to Wests Tigers management you are…

TT Just tell him you feel empathy for him being a Souths supporter and you’d like to try and help him and drag him to the closest methadone clinic

Everyone supports their side in different ways , if you can get to games and afford it become a member

I think they have a 7 game GA deal for $65 at the moment

If you can’t afford to become a member ,that’s ok as well

It doesn’t make you a better fan if you are a member or a worse fan if your not

You should’ve put one on his chin and ended the mate-ship there and then .

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

GEO and Hap,thanks for your support,it comes down to affordability and family commitments,but Iam just as passionate about the Tiges as the bloke who pays the big dollars…My mate is the biggest loser…he follows Souffs.

@hobbo2803:

You should’ve put one on his chin and ended the mate-ship there and then .

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

That works as well

Its only a Souths fan , its just asking for trouble in the laws eyes

If you own Wests Tigers Merch, have bought any tickets to games in ANY way shape or form - you are a supporter.

You have financially contributed to the team, and therefore you are a financial supporter.

Thats even before you go into Indirectly contributing to the club through support through TV ratings, or if you own foxtel to watch the Tigers play etc.

Let alone, actually having a keen interest and following the club.

Thanks UD,I always said you are a champion….

If he is a Souths supporter don’t worry what he says. Some of them come and go with the wind. Also Souths don’t really need his full membership money as Russell has probably thrown enough in their coffers already.

The club let you (especially as a member TT) and many others down, as any halfwit knows that there is a big late roll up for a Moday night match. Bottom line is they should have been better prepared and/or remedied the situation.

Your mate, well stuff him, as he is obviously not a close one.

If he doesn’t know how passionate you are about the Tigers or can’t see it , well i say his not a real mate anyway .
Mate you don’t need to prove or give an explanation or even justify how you are a Wests Tigers Supporter to anyone .
There all high and mighty now ?

Regardless if i’m a member or not, i’m a supporter, and whatever spin the club want to use doesn’t matter.

Money doesn’t buy passion.

Being a true fan is like being part of a religion. The amount of services you attend or money you donate to the local has nothing to do with identity. Money is a physical thing. This is spiritual. You have no reason to doubt yourself as a true fan just because you didn’t buy a membership.

@TrueTiger:

I would like to mention to my forum friends that I just had the biggest arguement with a mate over being a WTs supporter and fan.It all stems from the Monday night game against the Saints…I told him I couldn’t get in because of the unusual dramas that unfolded that night,re.train fatality at Glenfield and ticket booths not being fully manned…I told him we went to Wests Leagues and watched it there and had meals and beers,his answer was if you purchased the full membership ie $1500or$750 you wouldn’t have that trouble and you wouldn’t be a fair dinkum supporter if you didn’t buy one of those packages…

This is when I blew up,as most of you know I live about an hour from Campbo and 2 hours from Liechardt and ANZ one way I have family and buying the supporter package was the most economical way to be a member.I don’t get any tickets Iam quite happy to pay if I go to a particular game if work and family permits…

My question to you guys is am I a lesser fan than those that pay the premium for membership,I told him that one time about two years ago I donated $150.00 to the Wests Tigers and I wasn’t even a member then,his response was …well your a sucker,and of course he is a fully fledged Souths supporter( which makes me even wilder)… : 😠

Ask Knuckles…you wont like his reply

That said….what YOU feel, and what YOU believe about the team and the club is all that matters TT…what anyone else thinks doesnt

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.