Room to move!

I am a little frustrated that we haven’t yet been treated to some clean breaks and long range tries. I guess it is a result of the type of game JT has got the team playing.

Still, it would be great to see the likes of Tedesco, Naqaima, Brookes, Lawrence, Simona, Moses etc in some open space. I’d like to see how quick our back line really is. Guess it is only a matter of time.

@Angry Tiger 1:

Still, it would be great to see the likes of Tedesco, Naqaima, Brookes, Lawrence, Simona, Moses etc in some open space. I’d like to see how quick our back line really is. Guess it is only a matter of time.

Unfortunately I don;t think speed is our strong suit - apart from Teddy.

@softlaw:

@Angry Tiger 1:

Very true Softlaw

@softlaw:

@Angry Tiger 1:

Teddy Simona Naqaima Moses and Brooksy all have speed ! Nofo isn’t slow either

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

@softlaw:

@Angry Tiger 1:

You’re kidding right?

Simona, Brooks, and Moses are damn quick!

@tsjonathan:

@softlaw:

@Angry Tiger 1:

You’re kidding right?

Simona, Brooks, and Moses are damn quick!

Simona has lost a yard or two and I can’t remember the last time either Moses or brooks made a clean break to show their speed

Happy Tiger, Brooks running the length last year and also running down Gordon this year showed his speed.

@king sirro:

Happy Tiger, Brooks running the length last year and also running down Gordon this year showed his speed.

One was an intercept another was running down a player , Gordon carried an injury into the game

No use having Usain Bolt in the team if he isn’t contributing

It’s early days, but the best bet would be Teddy, Naiqama, Simona or Brooks IMO.

Happy brooks is quick. Also chased down RTS in a game last year who had a decent lead and he wasn’t carrying an injury

Tedesco is our speedster that we know can cause opposition defences havoc

Brooks lacks a yard off the mark , Moses hasn’t created a break for himself , Simona isn’t the same Simona and Nofoaluma is an unknown

Compared to other NRL sides , we wouldn’t be in the Top 10 speed wise in my opinion

Brooks is probably our second quickest but he’s certainly not a flat out speedster. Naqaima isn;t slow but again is not a real lightning bolt. Simona seems to have lost more than a yard of pace - hopefully it’s just his calf injury but he was very slow in the 9s when he did have clear air and has not shown any blinding acceleration running onto the ball, chasing etc. in the rest of the games. Nofo has been injured for what, 8 months? & much as I love Lawrence he wouldn;t even be our fastest forward!

We have a lot of strengths this year but really fast backs is not one of them.

@Angry Tiger 1:

I am a little frustrated that we haven’t yet been treated to some clean breaks and long range tries. I guess it is a result of the type of game JT has got the team playing.

I share your frustration, Angry, but it’s still early days with this team and this season. They’re still all learning how to combine together and the young playmakers just don’t have the consistency in their game yet. There are lots of kinks to iron out, but I’m sure some long range tries will come once they are. And we’ll all find out just how speedy our backline is when they do.

long range tries are not our thing… coach wants focus on structure andhigh percentage plays…

small price to pay this rebuilding season IMO.

I think we Will see some decent attack in a few weeks though when the spine finds its groove

IMO our backline is faster than that of the:

Storm
Dragons
Broncos
Cowboys
Canberra
Parramatta
Manly
Bulldogs

That puts us in the top 8 fastest all round teams this season

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.