Gutsy effort but we need more impact off bench

Our bench today didn’t carry on starting 13 efforts.

Too many errors and minimal impact.
Turning point of game when woods, Galloway and tapau off together.

I don’t agree. Our issue today was that our halves and spine in general didn’t fire. Robbie was pretty good but the others were ordinary.

Our pack including the bench did a good job.

We could have scored three or four tries in the first half if the last pass was better.

Our halves were average but bench offered little other than errors, Halatau excluded.

@littletiger:

Lamar in Santi out

Massive overreaction given we played the best team in the comp.

Same side with Lodge and Im happy.

Improve completion rates and Teddy not having a shocker and we go close to winning that game.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

@MacDougall:

We could have scored three or four tries in the first half if the last pass was better.

Bang on……we really had the ascendancy for quite a bit but our push plays were woeful!!

@southerntiger:

@littletiger:

Lamar in Santi out

Improve completion rates and Teddy not having a shocker and we go close to winning that game.

Agree…that was Teddy’s worst game…and we constantly knocked on…and we were in it for ages!

People calling for Lamar in for Santi need their heads read… i dont think you have any idea how different type of players they are, nor the vast difference between where they are in development.

Not to mention a severe over-reaction in the first place.

Our 6 & 7 need to run it more, kicking game was poor and there was a general lack of control that started around 30 min mark when we were getting on top.

We will improve, but we are a long way from top 4 material, may sneak a place in the 8.

@simonthetiger:

@southerntiger:

@littletiger:

Lamar in Santi out

Agree…that was Teddy’s worst game…and we constantly knocked on…and we were in it for ages!

Yep

Lamar a second rower and so is Santi. Straight swap. Anyone know why lamar didn’t play this weekend. ??

I said in anther thread,Brooks and Moses didn’t give us any decent last play options……

I don’t care how many people rubbish me,but we need Drinkwater in there somewhere to inject some spark to our last play…we were very ordinary in that department today…

I understand that the boys made a few errors today,but we really can put it to the best if we stick with some decent structure…Bullgrubs won’t be easy on Friday night…

Beau Scott would be handy.

It’s not that Lio or Funaki would play the role Santi does. It’s that Halatau and Santi are already playing the same role and we need an impact player not another toiler.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.