Our best 17 when everyone is fit and healthy ?

What are everyones thaughts on our best possible 17 when everyone is fit and healthy ??? At this stage id go with:

1.Arana Taumata
2.Lote Tuquiri
3.Beau Ryan
4.Chris Lawrence
5.Taniela Tuiaki
6.Benji Marshall
7.Tim Moltzen
13.Chris Heighington
12.Gareth Ellis
11.Liam Fulton
10.Keith Galloway
9.Robbie Farah
8.Bryce Gibbs

14.Simon Dwyer/Mark Flanagan
15.Junior Moors/Jason Schirnack
16.Andrew Fifita
17.Jason Cayless/Todd Payten

*** Jake Mullaney could be a real game breaker off the bench running at the tired forwards. I`d be giving that plenty of consideration as the season progresses.

No changes for me. Great team. If by some miracle Tupou comes good I’d have him on the bench

1. Tuqiri (although not yet)
2. Tuiaki
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Ryan
6. Marshall
7. Moltzen

8. Galloway
9. Farah ©
10. Gibbs
11. Fulton
12. Ellis
13. Heighington

14. Taumata
15. Flanagan
16. Cayless
17. Payten

i’d be stoked with that team.
Of course having shirnak, moors, fifita, dwyer or gower on the bench somewhere is also fine - it’ just shows how much depth we have. Now it just has to be used properly

1.Tuqiri
2.Tuiaki
3.Ayshford
4.Lawrence
5.Topou
6.Marshall
7.Moltzen
8.Gibbs
9.Farah
10.Galloway
11.Fulton
12.Ellis
13.Payton
14.Heino
15.Fifita
16.Moors
17.Taumata

@Vicious:

What are everyones thaughts on our best possible 17 when everyone is fit and healthy ??? At this stage id go with:

1.Arana Taumata
2.Lote Tuquiri
3.Beau Ryan
4.Chris Lawrence
5.Taniela Tuiaki

Just saw your omitted Ayshford Vicious, on purpose?

1. Tuqiri
2. Ayshford
3. Moltzen
4. Lawrence
5. Tuiaki
6. Marshall
7. Taumata
8. Gibbs
9. Farah ©
10. Galloway
11. Fulton
12. Ellis
13. Heighington

14. Lazarus
15. Cayless
16. Moors
17. A Fifita
18. Payten

With everyone fit and firing:

1. Tuqiri
2. Tuiaki
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Ryan
6. Marshall
7. Lazarus
8. Gibbs
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Fulton
12. Ellis
13. Heighington

14. Payten
15. A Fifita
16. Moors
17. Taumata

I’ve gone for Lazarus over Moltzen because he is still on the improve, is a natural half with excellent organisational skills, possesses the best tactical kicking game in the club and is a sharpshooter at goalkicking.

If Cayless can get his legs pumping and lift his workrate, I would reconsider him. At the moment he’s underdone and Moors has shown more at this stage IMO. I’m also very interested to see how Simon Dwyer comes along this year when he returns from injury, same with Tame Tupou and Nu Akeripa.

Tuqiri
TNT
Ayshford
Lawrence
Ryan
Marshall
Moltzen (but only just I love our halves depth)
Hieghno
Fulton
Ellis
Galloway
Farah
Gibbs

Cayless
Payten
Flannagan
Taumata

So many options though id be happy with including Moltzen at FB and Lui or Lazarus at half, Brown, Daniella or Fitzy in the outside backs as needed and lots of great young forwards our depth is fantastic

1. Lazarus
2. Tuiaki
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Tuqiri
6. Marshall
7. Moltzen
8. Gibbs
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Payten
12. Ellis
13. Heighno

14. Cayless
15. Moors
16. Flanagan/Fulton
17. Fifita

IMO Tuqiri isnt the style of fullback that suits our style. Modern day fullbacks are an extra 5/8, and to me, Tuqiri is best on the wing as a finisher.

@willow:

With everyone fit and firing:

1. Tuqiri
2. Tuiaki
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Ryan
6. Marshall
7. Lazarus
8. Gibbs
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Fulton
12. Ellis
13. Heighington

14. Payten
15. A Fifita
16. Moors
17. Taumata

I’ve gone for Lazarus over Moltzen because he is still on the improve, is a natural half with excellent organisational skills, possesses the best tactical kicking game in the club and is a sharpshooter at goalkicking.

If Cayless can get his legs pumping and lift his workrate, I would reconsider him. At the moment he’s underdone and Moors has shown more at this stage IMO. I’m also very interested to see how Simon Dwyer comes along this year when he returns from injury, same with Tame Tupou and Nu Akeripa.

I think that despite his poor form at full-back this year Moltzen has to be 7 - great record in that position and even went OK on Sunday. Otherwise agree with that team and that the next most likely is probably Simon Dwyer.

1.Tuqiri
2.Tuiaki
3.Ayshford
4.Lawrence
5.Ryan

6.Marshall
7.Moltzen

8.Gibbs
9.Farah
10.Galloway
11.Fulton
12.Ellis
13.Heighington

Reserves
14.Lui
15.Payten
16.Dwyer
17.Fifita

Ayshford must be in the team vicious

Ayshford has plenty of ability, BUT I get annoyed that he plays with little to no aggression despite his size and strength.
I liken him to a young Paul McGregor and what a player hell be if hes close to as good as what “Mary McGregor” was, but Blake is not yet using his size to advantage like he should be. Last week he was even slow when moving off our own line when defending and then just trying to tackle by arm grabbing which was very evident when the much smaller Phil Graham crashed through Blakes tackle to score. All Blake has to do is play aggressively when defending and running the ball and hell be a sensational footballer, but i`m not yet seeing that on a regular basis.

@Vicious:

Ayshford has plenty of ability, BUT I get annoyed that he plays with little to no aggression despite his size and strength.
I liken him to a young Paul McGregor and what a player hell be if hes close to as good as what “Mary McGregor” was, but Blake is not yet using his size to advantage like he should be. Last week he was even slow when moving off our own line when defending and then just trying to tackle by arm grabbing which was very evident when the much smaller Phil Graham crashed through Blakes tackle to score. All Blake has to do is play aggressively when defending and running the ball and hell be a sensational footballer, but i`m not yet seeing that on a regular basis.

Gee……tough crowd.

He didnt have his best game last week,but he was in plenty of two on one situations with little or no help from his team-mates.

@simonthetiger:

@Vicious:

Gee……tough crowd.

He didnt have his best game last week,but he was in plenty of two on one situations with little or no help from his team-mates.

Not just talking about last week, just the fact that he is a big man and needs to play with much more aggression than what he currently does. Centres these days need to be blokes that the attacking team fears running at at because they know theyll get hit hard when they do. Blake isnt putting this fear into the attacking players, but no reason why he shouldn`t be with his frame !

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme