Kids Footy

• Big game this weekend. Joondalup Giants play Rockingham Sharks. Giants after 4 rounds (3 games and a bye) are on top of the table with a for and against which reads 206 for, 6 against. Rockingham are 2nd currently and have played 4 games no bye with 202 for, 10 against. Looking forward to those big guys clashing. WOOP!

• Good to see an even comp over there WD.

• ForumSupporter

Go…Joondalup…

Nothing beats Jnr footy enjoy WD…

• Go Joondalup (and Gladstone Brothers Under 11 as well )

• Go the mighty Giants! We’ll lay claim to Curtis Rona and Waqa Blake, with Jesse Maxwell-Offen playing NYC for Manly last I saw.

• @Geo.:

Go…Joondalup…

Nothing beats Jnr footy enjoy WD…

Too right!

• Always hated blowouts…its a shame.
    Kids learn little when its easy

• @innsaneink:

Always hated blowouts…its a shame.

Agree.
    It is hard in the small leagues where there arent enough teams to fairly grade them.

I love going to the junior footy (wish there was less bad parents)

• Best 13 or 14 years of my life watch and being involved in my sons teams in Balmain & Souths jnrs, as well as school footy thru primary and high school as well as Union…and nippers, cricket, Little A’s, boxing…no wonder im tired

• @innsaneink:

Always hated blowouts…its a shame.

Yeah it’s a shame. Unfortunately, the game is miniscule in comparison to all other football codes here. I went to my 6 year olds 2nd game of Aussie rules the other night. They have training then a game. So many people there, they charge for parking.

• Good luck to all our boys and girls this weekend and hope they have a win and heaps of FUN

Happy Junior’s been moved to the centres , should be interesting

• Not happy

Junior side only had bare 11 no subs and were beaten 6-4 by the worst forward pass call I’ve seen since a pass by Scott Prince in our 2006 win over the Broncos

Kept a clean sheet until the last 4-5 minutes

My young fella scored our only try and was shot by games end

• Did we see the Women in League story on the Sunday Footy show yesterday, featuring Balmain Jnrs down @ Birchgrove?

Got sent off as a trainer there for offering the ref advice on how to talk to our boys if he wanted respect.

• Rockingham were too big, too strong and too fast for the Joondalup Giants. Down 24 nil at half time and ended up at I think 36-6. We have some work to do defence wise, but all had a good time. Even given the pi55ing rain and hail as well as gale force winds. What a blast for the parents!

• @wd in perth:

Rockingham were too big, too strong and too fast for the Joondalup Giants. Down 24 nil at half time and ended up at I think 36-6. We have some work to do defence wise, but all had a good time. Even given the pi55ing rain and hail as well as gale force winds. What a blast for the parents!

Bad luck Joondalup , get em next time

Recent Topics