Kids Footy

• @happy_tiger said in Kids Footy:

Probably the most mixed I’ve been watching my sons side play

They beat a side they haven’t beaten 38-22 absolutely amazing stuff

But arguably the scariest moment I’ve seen in a junior footy game

We got a penalty and should have kicked for touch with about 8 minutes left but the young bloke decided to take a quick tap and copped a really good hit looked legal …and the player was at first laying on the ground and then started writhing clutching his throat

Turns out it was a hit to the larynx and muscle went into spasm which closed up the airway

Fortunately he is fine …extremely scary stuff

Whoa!!! That really is frightening stuff.

My under 10s Ormeau Shearer has just had his first win of the season. Played well - trackled strongly and ran straight. There really are some little super stars on show amongst the Juniors nowadays. Burleigh are leading the way in our comp. Beaten us twice comfortably and Helensvale are pretty good too. Looking forward to next week. Rusty jnr has just returned with his new hair cut after the game. M.O.M prize from a beastly performance a few weeks back. I’m wondering if others receive similar rewards for their efforts.

• @rustycage said in Kids Footy:

@happy_tiger said in Kids Footy:

We got a penalty and should have kicked for touch with about 8 minutes left but the young bloke decided to take a quick tap and copped a really good hit looked legal …and the player was at first laying on the ground and then started writhing clutching his throat

Turns out it was a hit to the larynx and muscle went into spasm which closed up the airway

My under 10s Ormeau Shearer has just had his first win of the season. Played well - trackled strongly and ran straight. There really are some little super stars on show amongst the Juniors nowadays. Burleigh are leading the way in our comp. Beaten us twice comfortably and Helensvale are pretty good too. Looking forward to next week. Rusty jnr has just returned with his new hair cut after the game. M.O.M prize from a beastly performance a few weeks back. I’m wondering if others receive similar rewards for their efforts.

I have seen it once before in a BRL game between Norths and Valleys and involved Mark Graham and Wally Lewis

If you googled it you’d probably see footage …from memory Lewis came in to tackle Graham …Graham raised forearm hit Lewis in the throat

• @happy_tiger said in Kids Footy:

@rustycage said in Kids Footy:

I have seen it once before in a BRL game between Norths and Valleys and involved Mark Graham and Wally Lewis

If you googled it you’d probably see footage …from memory Lewis came in to tackle Graham …Graham raised forearm hit Lewis in the throat

He got Lewis? Play on…

He got Lewis? Play on…

Mark Graham in my opinion is the best backrower in NZ rugby league along with Kearney

Nicest bloke as well …this bloke many years ago waved me through at golf …on the 9th …ended up playing the last 9 holes with him

Very quietly spoken …far different that you’d have thought

• Good to hear about some of the kids games this year, I’ve not been able to get in since the forum changed earlier this year, my password and user name Couldn’t be recognised,
    Still aren’t sure how it works.

I gave it up and as I’ve been pretty busy with renovating , haven’t got around to starting from scratch with a new registration till now.

Sounds like your boys are doing well Doc, we were up at Ormeau last Saturday with the Hornets 13 div 1 team .
    Our Comp this year has lost some kids from some of the other teams, and Nerang looks like they are pulling out completely, it’s a pity as they have been whacked almost every game . But kept doing their best and turning up each week, and Mudgeeraba hasn’t had a team at all in div 1

The Rep season is about to start this weekend with a big chunk of the Vikings. ( Titans)
    Coming from our Hornets and Burleigh in A tri series .
    So we will be freezing at Ipswich by the look of it:

• Well the WT’s were garbage but the young fellas side overcame a 16-0 deficit to win 32-30 in a nail biter with Tannum missing a kick with 30 seconds left from wide out to tie it up

I’m in the naughty corner …told the Mrs he was being lazy in attack and he got taken off with a few minutes to go … he copped a head knock quiet until he thought we were home as we only had 1 sub

I believe we have gone to first on the table after beating the Grand Finalist and Premiers from last season with 4 players missing because of CQ age rep round

• The young fella absolutely smashed em today. One very proud dad here. His defence was brutal for a ten year old and he ran hard and straight all game. The boys got up. Booyaaaa!

• Our boys snuck home 20-18 in another cliffhanger against the second bottom side …top of the table

Big shout to Hobbo’s Junior side getting up for their first win of the season

His defence was brutal for a ten year old

Sadly my young bloke is playing union as a nine year old this year due to more crap at his league club of last year, but another kid that has also moved on helped out his newbie team last season. As an 8 year old, he hit like a sledgehammer, or like Mark Graham as mentioned above when in close quarters. Whilst fantastic, his hits in out wide and in cover were even better, Ron (Rambo) Gibbs like and most took a good while getting up to play the ball, if they managed to hold on to it in the first place.

My fella is more like Elijah running around in reserve grade thus afternoon, plenty of involvement and effective enough, but little grunt.

• @formerguest said in Kids Footy:

His defence was brutal for a ten year old

Sadly my young bloke is playing union as a nine year old this year due to more crap at his league club of last year, but another kid that has also moved on helped out his newbie team last season. As an 8 year old, he hit like a sledgehammer, or like Mark Graham as mentioned above when in close quarters. Whilst fantastic, his hits in out wide and in cover were even better, Ron (Rambo) Gibbs like and most took a good while getting up to play the ball, if they managed to hold on to it in the first place.

My fella is more like Elijah running around in reserve grade thus afternoon, plenty of involvement and effective enough, but little grunt.

But ain’t it great they’re out there running around?

Recent Topics