Slater Gone...

• ForumSupporter

For the rest of the season just reported on NRL 360…

I feel for the GRUB… :bawling

• The only downside is that the grub will end up in the channel 9 commentary box

😒

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

• Banned

Wow, not good for Qld or Melbourne - oh well 😈

• he was really good yesterday… he’s in the class of DCE- annoying grubby little prick

• @tig_prmz:

he was really good yesterday… he’s in the class of DCE- annoying grubby little prick

I think he’s in a different class from DCE as far as ‘grubbyness’ goes. He and Josh Reynolds are head and shoulders the grubbiest of grubs in the comp.

• The Melbourne Koala is protected by the media and NRL,this grubs antics are continually over looked as he is made out to be some kind of role model….while he may be a good footballer he carries on like a turd which is starting to overshadow his talent.

• @hobbo2803:

The only downside is that the grub will end up in the channel 9 commentary box

😒

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Mmmm have you heard him speak? Although Lockyer is a commentator so who knows…

Actually I take that back I dont mind DL as commentator.

• Banned

Would you all like some talcum powder for your severe butthurt?

• Lockyer is a hopeless commentator. Add very little to the game.

• On Slater, yep he can be a grub but he pales into insignificance next to Cam Smith.

Smith, Enis, Thaiday, hodges, josh renolds are top of the list.

• Bump

Slater is out for the 2016 season

http://www.nrl.com/slater-ruled-out-for-eight-months/tabid/10874/newsid/93829/default.aspx

Melbourne Storm fullback Billy Slater will be sidelined for up to eight months with the same shoulder injury that ended his 2015 season.

Storm Football Director Frank Ponissi said, “While we are hugely disappointed to hear the extent of Billy’s injury, we are very pleased to hear the medical team expect him to make a full and successful recovery.”

Slater will have some time away from the Club before commencing his rehabilitation program to return to the field as soon as possible

• Not sure if Billy will be back - he is 33 this year and by the time he gets back on the park he will have played a dozen games in 2 years. If he was a younger player on the way up I would say yes - but he has nothing to prove - he has done it all. Plus Cameron Munster will own the FB posn at Melbourne by the end of this season.

• @Spartan117:

Lockyer is a hopeless commentator. Add very little to the game.

Least he’s not an embarrassment on commentary like Freddy and Joey.

• Channel 9 loves giving jobs to the boys…

I reckon Slater will be back… he seems like the type who would want to go out on his terms, and so I can see him persisting until he is able to do so.

Queensland back five is looking like:
    1. Inglis
    2. Boyd
    3. Chambers
    4. Gagai
    5. Oates?

• Banned

Such a shame. The greatest fullback, probably ever, could well have played his last game.
    I don’t think he’ll concentrate on commentary positions. He will make an excellent coach and that’s where we will see him again full time.

Recent Topics