Sack him Now

Well the club has one option regardless of the money it costs Taylor has to be sacked. The team has been on the decline since day one …the club will be totally reined by this pretender .I just can not believe how this team is playing , what a poor performance today was ,unfortunately things are not going to improve the only way forward is a new coach …laugh all you want but until Taylor is gone things are never going to improve but wait there is always the excuse brigade.

Im super disappointed, but the honest truth is I barely expected more in 2015.

We cant afford to go down the parra track. we have challenges with Recriutment as it is without being a caching basket case.

Power through and lets evaluate after origin on 2016, then we wont be so forgiving.

heads up tigers fans and walk tall regardless of the result…

Forget about it wont happen and it should not anyway. We cant afford it and any coach deserves a fair crack.

How long was his deal? If its 3 years how on earth could we afford to sack him now? We would be a laughing stock. Any coach probably deserves 18 months - 2 years to try and make improvements.

Whilst I have not been a fan of taylor in general these cold, hard facts cant be disputed.

Last year we finished 13th and we lost 5 or 6 decent first graders . Austin, Fulton, Thompson, Blair, Gavet and Koribete. And we replaced those 6 with Kevin Nquimaa. So i failed to see where the optimisum was coming from pre season. Basically he walking into a dud roster.

I predicted 13th. However 13th with gradual improvments over the course of the season is different to bottom 4 getting worse every week if you know what i mean. The problem for Taylor is he seems to be stuck with his squad. He cant recruit even though he is probably desperate too. And he is clearly not gelling with this squad.

Unless there is a gaping big clause in the contract, ala poor performance/minimum win/loss ratio nets you zero payout with immediate effect, then I doubt he’s going anywhere. We’ve already been burnt by Sheens’ departure and doubt the board would be looking to part with the dirty moth balls lying in the WT purse again.

We have Sheens 10 years….

@Geo.:

We have Sheens 10 years….

Stay on topic please !

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

How long is he contracted for?

I’d like to hear what The Board is doing about this and the NRL for that matter. The Board appointed Taylor so I would like to know how they are interacting with Taylor in regard to our declining form and results. If the NRL have put the breaks on the clubs recruitment through the Board which I believe they control, to the point where we are heavily disadvantaged recruitment wise as compared to clubs that don’t have the NRL s close scrutiny of the salary cap because they are not represented on other clubs’ boards then the NRL needs to consider the effect this is having on the club and its supporters/members. There has been much written about how poor our previous administrations have been in relation to cap management and this is probably a main factor why we shed so many experienced players at the end of last year, I assume it was one of the NRLs strategies to get Wests Tigers back on track financially and cap wise (through the Board) however the net effect looks to be a wooden spoon or close to,with no chance of improvement in sight given no recruitment for next year. How does the NRL expect the club to survive through this or is that part of their motivation?

@cunno:

I’d like to hear what The Board is doing about this and the NRL for that matter. The Board appointed Taylor so I would like to know how they are interacting with Taylor in regard to our declining form and results. If the NRL have put the breaks on the clubs recruitment through the Board which I believe they control, to the point where we are heavily disadvantaged recruitment wise as compared to clubs that don’t have the NRL s close scrutiny of the salary cap because they are not represented on other clubs’ boards then the NRL needs to consider the effect this is having on the club and its supporters/members. There has been much written about how poor our previous administrations have been in relation to cap management and this is probably a main factor why we shed so many experienced players at the end of last year, I assume it was one of the NRLs strategies to get Wests Tigers back on track financially and cap wise (through the Board) however the net effect looks to be a wooden spoon or close to,with no chance of improvement in sight given no recruitment for next year. How does the NRL expect the club to survive through this or is that part of their motivation?

Its a very good point you raised. You can’t inject yourself in a board when things are going pear-shaped to get a little stability, and then have them sit serendipitous and watch the last 15 weeks unfold. For mind, it means they are either privy to something we aren’t, or the end justifies the means.

@cunno:

this is one of the best posts i have read on this forum, u should email it to the club and see if u get a response. or maybe some one on here can get it to the C.E.O. OR BOARD member. would love to see there answers.

@cunno:

Hi Cunno you have raised some valid points.

We have a Head of Football Operations who has now taken over the CEO duties. I have never heard diddly squat from him in either position. His position was created as a result of the Brian Smith report instigated by Mayer (correct me if I am wrong). We created a position which no doubt commands a significant remuneration and what has it got us so far? A coach that was given full reign with a average squad of players, no disrespect to Woodsie, Teddy or Farah, and a full off season and 16 weeks into the season we are equal last and in danger of losing the bye.
As you have said you would think the NRL need to ensure is that the Wests Tigers Brand is successful, unless they are looking to cull teams? But as you say being under the NRL management we are unable to rort the system as other clubs do. I really would love a breakdown of the existing player contracts to see what some of these guys are really being paid. I doubt we have any TPAs at all but I may be wrong. All I know is that at the current rate the Wests Tigers will be lucky to get half the free to air coverage next year which again devalues the Wests Tigers Brand.

Not sure how we dig ourselves out of this one after the performance of our play makers today!

Seriously, some of you need to have a think before posting. I understand emotions get high, but seriously, we’re a broke club, who only just got over paying a previous coach out, (which ended up in the courts btw), now you want to go through that all over again?

We can’t afford to sack him, what club can afford to sack a coach 2 and a half yrs out from his contract running out? The clubs hands are tied. The only thing that can be done is someone giving him a massive kick in the arse and telling him he’s sending this club backwards at a rapid rate. Too bad the club can’t afford a coaching director to come in and give him a hand, cos he’s drowning without it.

@GNR4LIFE:

Seriously, some of you need to have a think before posting. I understand emotions get high, but seriously, we’re a broke club, who only just got over paying a previous coach out, (which ended up in the courts btw), now you want to go through that all over again?

We can’t afford to sack him, what club can afford to sack a coach 2 and a half yrs out from his contract running out? The clubs hands are tied. The only thing that can be done is someone giving him a massive kick in the arse and telling him he’s sending this club backwards at a rapid rate. Too bad the club can’t afford a coaching director to come in and give him a hand, cos he’s drowning without it.

Agreed. It’s such nonsense to read post after post demanding him to be sacked. It won’t happen, nor should it. He needs help. His ridiculous system was never going to work. He needs to use the assets he has before freeing up enough money to get rid of them and install first graders in their place. Simple as that.

@GNR4LIFE:

And after the Sheens fiasco why would the club enter into a coaching contract that wasnt performance based and gave the club a chance to get of the contract ?

Makes no sense that they would sign a guy to 3 years with no performance clauses.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme