The Wooden Spoon battle

usually this time every year we have some draw to make the 8… forget about that this year, this is the thread where we have to avoid the spoon.

Rabs 2 weeks ago said Manly are the only team in the NRL that has NOT won a wooden spoon incorrect as the Wests tigers franchise we have NEVER won the spoon, this could be the first year we do it.

the Eels this week is a MUST to avoid the spoon lose this game just give it to us now

This week the Knights have the bye. Manly play Sharks at Brookvale on Saturday. Sharks are in form but Brookvale is a tough place to win. They will have a few players in the origin team as well. Come Sunday morning unfortunately we might have 16th place all to ourselves.

On a brighter note, we could make it all the way to 12th with a win on Monday!

Idc, I’ve switched off. Even earlier than last yr. JT deserves the spoon.

@GNR4LIFE:

Idc, I’ve switched off. Even earlier than last yr. JT deserves the spoon.

Yup; but I think its ‘Wests Tigers deserves the spoon.’’ And 4 Channel 9 TV games in a row was still not enough for me to sit through 80 minutes for free. Not sure if the last rounds draw has been released but not sure we’ll get any C9 TV games the way we have been playing. Unless it’s to ensure that people have a laugh and tune it to watch their team get an almost guaranteed 2 points…

If I followed any other team, I would hope that we do get it, purely because any other club would use it as an excuse to institute a bit of change and/or improve.

Not this club though, they’d find some way to spin it into a positive. “Yeah, we won the spoon this year, but let’s look at it this way, it can’t get any worse next year!”

I’m over it. I’ve long packed the defibrillator away and if I can be arsed watching the games I do, but there’s seldom emotion.

Getting the spoon would be a new low but even worse would be listening to the people on here trying to tell us we are improving and that its a necessary step to becoming a good football team.

That bloody thing will be spanking us for sure,even more so if they dont beat Parra this week,big Sami Rad alone will most likely have a glut of tries at the WT exspence…!

Probably not surprising to anyone - We are now spoon favourites on SportsTAB.

Wests Tigers 2.75
Newcastle 3.25
Manly 4.50
Gold Coast 7.50
Parramatta 9.00
Canberra 26.00

However, Tigers are $151 to win the comp. We were famously that price 10 years ago.

@Tiger In The Gong:

Getting the spoon would be a new low but even worse would be listening to the people on here trying to tell us we are improving and that its a necessary step to becoming a good football team.

Very true.

Its not a battle its a foregone conclusion. They do deserve the spoon and I can’t see next season being any better either.

We NEVER Deserve the spoon.

This is a club that has its issues over the years and even now, but we never ever deserve to finish Last.

Much as I hate to say it, it would take a miracle for us to beat Parra after the way we played last week. Not saying that we can’t win, but only a super optimist would back us.
I’m afraid the Semi trailer may hit a new try scoring record this week, especially after his performance last week. Our line defence should be interesting.
The only consolation is that he’s in my SuperCoach team, would still rather a win.

@Spartan117:

This is a club that has its issues over the years and even now, but we never ever deserve to finish Last.

You get what you deserve. If we come last, we only have ourselves to blame. Can’t even blame injuries this yr.

feel like there is too much talent in this squad to get tthe spoon… we’ll have a couple more unexpected wina for sure

@Spartan117:

Dumping Mick for JT (who couldn’t coach a passion fruit vine to grow) when Mick had no say in recruitment and then saying they can’t recruit until 2016 means, yes they do deserve the spoon. The only bloke from this mob that can hold his head high is Kapow and I wouldn’t blame him if he left the sinking ship.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme