Thanks to whoever decided to Tell Austin he was no chance of first grade

Another great WTs decision, ( shown up again ) although some say he went because he wanted more money, I’d be more inclined to think that it was the fact that he was told he would not be used at 5/8.
That decision should win a prize among the litany of stupid decisions made here.
Thanks for guaranteeing a spot to a small , under prepared player , who has shown very little over this season. The fact that he knows the position is his no matter what , may be the very thing that is hindering his development in that position
(No consequences for non performance)
Both players should have been told that the position would go to the one that showed they deserved it . Whilever we keep having blinkered thinking like this , we will keep getting the results that we deserve.
Ironic isn’t it , that some were touting both our halves as Soo players by 2017.
While the one with the genuine chance of that is Austin
No wonder we are becoming a joke to other supporters

He’s playing well isn’t he. But no point crying over spilt milk.

The misses is a Raiders supporter and will at every opportunity give me curry about the decision to let him go. Hindsight is 20/20 but agree with you GCT about a fight for the position; money willing. What’s even more crap about our season is that watching other games in the rounds, i.e. This game of Raiders vs Knights is even more frustrating because of poor WT decisions.

I thank the Dogs they didn’t see a spot for Taupau,cause I love him…

@Geo.:

You win some, you lose some.

@goldcoast tiger:

Another great WTs decision, ( shown up again ) although some say he went because he wanted more money, I’d be more inclined to think that it was the fact that he was told he would not be used at 5/8.
That decision should win a prize among the litany of stupid decisions made here.
Thanks for guaranteeing a spot to a small , under prepared player , who has shown very little over this season. The fact that he knows the position is his no matter what , may be the very thing that is hindering his development in that position
(No consequences for non performance)
Both players should have been told that the position would go to the one that showed they deserved it . Whilever we keep having blinkered thinking like this , we will keep getting the results that we deserve.
Ironic isn’t it , that some were touting both our halves as Soo players by 2017.
While the one with the genuine chance of that is Austin
No wonder we are becoming a joke to other supporters

Austin should of started the year as 5/8th and was let go cause he knew he had no future at his preferred position of 5/8th .
It’s not as if we would of had to pay huge money for his last year of his Contract this year.
This just emphasizes what a laughing stock our Club is .

It was a poor decision that happened on JT’s watch. I still think that Moses will come good and may be the better longer term option.

@greatodensraven:

@Geo.:

You win some, you lose some.

The difference was though, they had Quality good players already in that position,
Unfortunately we don’t , and there is no gaurantee that we will.
What we have is a massive roll of the dice, with all the bikkies in the one(or two) baskets,
A
And the club in a massive hole again if this risky gamble doesn’t pay off

Yeah it sucks, but it’s happened. Move on. On a side note was anyone else impressed by Pat Vaivai for Newcastle tonight in a losing team. Big boy, runs hard and has an offload. Was wearing Jersey 18 tonight.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Man it’s tough to watch him dominating. Starting to feel this slight anger towards the club I’ve never felt before. Had enough of the stupid decisions and they just never end, continually compounding 1 after another 😕 it’s pretty much impossible to stay positive

Austin gives his everything the entire time he’s on the field…that was never going to fit in at the Wests Tigers.

Bet lodge is the next one they let go

@marzie:

Bet lodge is the next one they let go

for sure his big & strong can’t have that can we.

Well there are a number of things going on.

1. Do we hold a bloke to a minimum wage contract if he can get good coin elsewhere? Sure we could have some may argue we should have but would it have been the right thing?
2. Austin is the dominant half down there. The half back does bugger all. For Austin to achieve that for us we’re basically holding back Brooks being a dominant half. Okay maybe short term that works but long term is it the best?
3. Of course there is the question of Moses and whether he’s better off learning the job in the NRL or NSW Cup.
4. He had a few games for us and we still got smashed. Just because he’s doing well at Canberra is no guarantee he’d be doing the same for us.
5. Like Fifita and others before him he’s gone and probably not coming back. You think the Dogs still beat themselves up about Thurston? No they draw a line and worry about the next season.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme