I am starting to lose hope for the future after Martin Loss

i have seen reports that Te Maire has now signed on with the panthers. I get the feeling that the organisation as a whole is risking the clubs future success in order to help them financially in the short term. This frustrates me to no end as player, after player with promise is let go for no apparent reason.
Call me ignorant but I feel financial prosperity will come following high quality performances which cannot be achieved if quality players are continually being shipped off.
*rant over

Martin has the potential to be a very good first grader, but he wasn’t going to get a look in whilst we have Moses and Brooks. He was always going to leave to get a better shot, can’t blame him or the club, it’s just the way it is.

@Sabre:

Martin has the potential to be a very good first grader, but he wasn’t going to get a look in whilst we have Moses and Brooks. He was always going to leave to get a better shot, can’t blame him or the club, it’s just the way it is.

Exactly the same was said about Blake and he has now made Wests Tigers’ decision look foolish. Foresight is a gift. Hindsight is common. With Penrith Martin has every potential to develop as a very good first grade centre if he can’t make it there as a five eight.

@Newtown:

@Sabre:

Exactly the same was said about Blake and he has now made Wests Tigers’ decision look foolish. Foresight is a gift. Hindsight is common. With Penrith Martin has every potential to develop as a very good first grade centre if he can’t make it there as a five eight.

Maybe he doesn’t want to play centre.
Maybe Penrith offered him a first grade spot and a lot more money than us.
I’ve always thought he would leave us for a better shot elsewhere.

Better had get used to BBNC. We’re ripe for the picking atm. We all now know that we are in a financial mess so you probably won’t see any counter offers made on any of our juniors or any players for that matter.
It’s a concern with Taupau’s contract coming up next year.
So if Balmain Boys dont cry, now is the time to start :slight_smile:

When it all boils down, Martin is just another young player with potential, like so many of the ones we’ve hung onto - he has done nothing at NRL standard yet and he may never be anything.

No good crying over what will be. We would’ve all been up in arms if Brooks left before playing first grade with us as well, but he hasn’t set the world on fire since coming into grade. If we’d just lost proven talent like Taupau, Tedesco or Woods, then we’d have something to be angry about.

No offence but do we need another thread going about Martin?

We still have Ryan Papenhuyzen in our juniors, we’re set for the future with that kid.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme