Salary Cap Issues

Ive heard plenty about our woes, sum which have been:
Back ended contracts for Lawrence & Keithy this yr for large amounts 4-6k

Still paying Adam “i wore a balaclava to pick up my tigers cheque” Blair

Still paying what we owe Anasta

Still paying Heighington

Still paying Sheens

Plus 900k for Robbie, 600 Woodsy & 200-300 each for Brooks, Siro, Simona, Teddy.

It stinks & blame must lie with Humphreys, Mayer & Sheens. No wonder the former CEO’s got the punt

Forgot about the human medicare card Moltzen !

We dont owe Anasta anything, it was the TPA part of his deal that wasnt honoured, the club is not responsible for TPA’s they are arranged between benefactor and player manager

@Toolie_24:

Ive heard plenty about our woes, sum which have been:
Back ended contracts for Lawrence & Keithy this yr for large amounts 4-6k

Still paying Adam “i wore a balaclava to pick up my tigers cheque” Blair

Still paying what we owe Anasta

Still paying Heighington

Still paying Sheens

Plus 900k for Robbie, 600 Woodsy & 200-300 each for Brooks, Siro, Simona, Teddy.

It stinks & blame must lie with Humphreys, Mayer & Sheens. No wonder the former CEO’s got the punt

Someone wrote some truth is this our tigers forum

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

If we are still paying Tim Sheens that surely doesn’t come out of our salary cap - I assume salary cap is for the players at the club

Coaching staff aren’t included in the Salary cap but OK

Still paying Sheens? That’s news.

My understanding is the grant from the NRL can be used in any way shape or form to run our Club being players, ex Coaches, Mascots etc…
I stand to be corrected but that is my understanding of it.

@foreveratiger:

My understanding is the grant from the NRL can be used in any way shape or form to run our Club being players, ex Coaches, Mascots etc…
I stand to be corrected but that is my understanding of it.

The Grant can it is completely up to the Clubs in how they allocate it ……but what has that to do with Salary Cap issues…The Salary Cap Floor is 92.5% of the Salary Cap which MUST be spent on players salaries or the Club will receive a Breach notice…two entirely separate issues

Marina Go’s Q&A said the minimum spend was 95% of the cap, and that we were spending the full cap.

I don’t understand why we have to pay blair when he asked for a release.its like what the eels are doing with sandow.he has asked for a release,the eels have said yes but sandow wants a payout.the eels have said no to that so that’s the end of it.when blair asked we should have said the same thing to what the eels have done.we are such a dumb club.

@ricksen:

Marina Go’s Q&A said the minimum spend was 95% of the cap, and that we were spending the full cap.

This is correct. I believe that the RLPA had the minimum cap spend increased from 92.5% to 95%

@smithy:

I don’t understand why we have to pay blair when he asked for a release.its like what the eels are doing with sandow.he has asked for a release,the eels have said yes but sandow wants a payout.the eels have said no to that so that’s the end of it.when blair asked we should have said the same thing to what the eels have done.we are such a dumb club.

True - but we would only be paying the difference between what the Broncs are paying and what he would have got here. Management obviously think the saving was worth it.

@smithy:

It was unprofessional but to Blair’s advantage not WT’s. Blair followed this up last week with a veiled statement about the professionalism of the Broncos. We are certainly a dumb club which certainly why we are in so much trouble, both financially and on the playing field.

By the sounds of it we’re also helping pay for DCE’s new contract.

@smithy:

1. I don’t think he asked for a release

2. If we had a massively backloaded contract, e.g. yr 1 = $10k, yr 2 = $20k, yr3 = $1mil, then no one is going to pay that $1mil. The best we can do is get a club to pay a proportion of it. As marina said, you can only let go players that other clubs want. Blair is not one of those for the coin he was on.

Our issues won’t be with sheens, heignington or anasta. One is a coach who isn’t included and the other two have contracts that were up by now… I’m sure the NRL doesn’t permit a player to be paid under the cap if they aren’t playing.

My guess is that the 3 main drags in 2016 will be Lawrence, Woods and Farah. Esp woods who probably has NSW and Aust selection incentives in the contract… Ted, Brooks and Moses will be taking up a bit, but they would probably only be culprits in 2017. Id say the Tigers will be looking though to smooth out their back years by moving payments forward. I know a few lads on here mentioned that Teds front year was very small which indicates they might have back-loaded him heavily.

Blair and Moltzen will drop off this year which will alleviate some pressure.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme