Decent Players Available on the Cheap

I had a look on zero tackle at players off contract at end of year(unsure if still not signed). Obviously we have no money, but i think these players would do a better job or give us experience & wouldn’t cost us tons, sum have had injuries but worth a punt. I focused on FR, BR, C & W. Im not saying chase all the backrowers, maybe two or three, but the others we should.

FR- Mitchell Dodds, Matt Prior

BR- Scott Bolton, Adam Docker, Ben Lowe, Pat O’Hanlon

C- Aaron Gray,

C/W- Dane Nielsen

W- Matt Duffie

Dodds is a talented big man only 26, with injury last 2 yrs keeping him back. Prior is solid, has experience & i think won comp with Dragons.

Bolton solid, great defender only 28. Docker young tons of potential and great hit man. Lowe solid for Bunnies, won a comp, does his job. O’Hanlon young and talented, but bad injury last year at Dogs ended season.

Gray best on this list, possible rep player of the future showed his class this year on the wing but is a centre & with Walker & Auva’a might not get a look in there.

Nielsen, sacked by Dragons but solid player won comp with Storm.

Duffie, solid former test player with Storm but been injuried hasnt had a look in this year.

Thoughts ?

Most of the above could do a job for us, but really do you think they would come cheap. Being on the bottom of the table you have to pay a premium to attract any player and going by what the club is saying we will struggle to have space for the likes of Ava so I really can not see them entering the market place. If they can move a couple of big contracts on I get the feeling it will only help us next year when trying to buy players for 2017

All those players except Gray & Lowe cannot crack first grade, which is one thing we can offer, Gray can be offered to play in his position of centre, Lowe could be a starting 2nd rower which he isnt at Souths.

Duffie has been carving up in reserves. Would be a good replacement for Pat.

Dodds would also be good.

But hey, we got no money so don’t bother.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

@Toolie_24:

All those players except Gray & Lowe cannot crack first grade, which is one thing we can offer, Gray can be offered to play in his position of centre, Lowe could be a starting 2nd rower which he isnt at Souths.

Haven’t we learned enough about guaranteeing players Starts/positions ???

Duffie and docker

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

i think we need one front rower and 2 backrowers and a centre.
f/r on the cheap wille mason maybe getting over the hill but would be good for 1 more season.
s/r justin horo killed it at manly last year, has been on the outer this year. and one that may cost us but would be great corey oates from the broncos.
centre gray does look the best or goerge jennings from panthers he has a few in front of him.

@goldcoast tiger:

@Toolie_24:

Obviously you dont offer them the spot but we give them a chance which they don’t get at their current club. Example is Docker

Taupua could not get a NRL spot from Canterbury yet he has turned out to be an excellent buy given a chance to shine.

Adam Docker might need the same chance as well as Justin Horo.

@Toolie_24:

@goldcoast tiger:

@Toolie_24:

Obviously you dont offer them the spot but we give them a chance which they don’t get at their current club. Example is Docker

most clubs don’t, but who knows what we do, we’ve done it in the not too distant past.

@Toolie_24:

@goldcoast tiger:

@Toolie_24:

I might be wrong , but hasn’t Docker had a lot of problems with concussion?

Aaron Gray would be an outstanding signing, and exactly what we need.

Is Gray a right side or left side player… and just as importantly, does that even matter?

Gray, Docker and Bolton would be a decent triumvirate of signings tbh. Would make a difference.

Gray reminds me a bit of Lawrence when he was younger, not quite as good.

Need more unwated/under-rated signings like Taupau & Naiqama….

On that list -
Ken Maumalo - heard it’s a huge possibility of happening.

Tony Satini from Manly - Panthers junior, saw him play recently and would be a good depth signing and could fit in well with our young backline.

Daniel Vidot - Could be too expensive for us, more than likely is. Is mates with Simona and have played together for. Unsure of his situation at Brisbane but we’ve all heard that goss.

Maina Rudoph - Welcome home buddy, join your cousin Chance Peni in NSW Cup.

Herman Ese’es - Don’t they have wraps on this guy @ the bulldogs? Young prop… sign him.

Sebastine Ikahihifo from Warriors - Talked up in the past.Second rower, goodbye Lovett

Manly looking ripe for the pickin - Michael Che-Kam (second rower - hype machine) and Dunamis Lui (under rated prop)

Leailani Latu from Penny also … young prop… Buchanan replacement for NSW CUP???

If you think Gray would come for cheap your joking if he leaves clubs like Newcastle and Titans will be throwing money at him, only player I would go for on that list is Docker so much potential would fit in very well

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme