Good news on Leichhardt Oval

Tackle Three – Leichhardt to live on

Leichhardt Oval hosts its final game of 2015 next Friday night. It’s a sure bet the lead-up will be punctuated by doom and gloom stories about the venue’s future in the NRL. We can put them to bed right now. Leichhardt Oval will host Wests Tigers games not only next season, but for at least the coming three years. In short, the joint venture’s board accepts now - with the team running dead last - is not the time to agitating its rusted-on fan base.

Leichhardt Oval on a perfect Sunday afternoon. Image: Getty
Tigers chairman Marina Go and coach Jason Taylor have also been up front about medium-term prospects, pleading with supporters to keep the faith ahead of a three-year salary cap convalescence. With limited buying power during that period, the odds aren’t great that Wests will experience much success any time soon. Abandoning spiritual homes would only cause more upheaval and heartache, not to mention the erosion of home ground advantage.

Fears were raised about Leichhardt’s future when Balmain was forced to hand back the lease to the local council, which now negotiates directly with the NRL club. No tenancy deal for 2016 has been struck, but we’ve been assured Leichhardt - and Campbelltown - are still entrenched as future venues. Both grounds currently host four games a season. It won’t be reduced to anything less than three.

http://yhoo.it/1MJVxbF

@Joe’s Tigers:

It won’t be reduced to anything less than three.

now 3 each at LO & CSS 6 at ANZ.

Good news, even though ‘‘theyve been assured’’, yet there are no quotes anywhere

Reducing it to a maximum of 2 games would be good news anything else means the board is preferring outdated sentiment over winning games

Terrible news. There never will be ‘the right time’ for our sorry ass club to become professional and take on the powerhouses. Bunch of idiots that are no better than the previous boards we’ve had.
Well if you don’t need ANZs thousands of dollars then you sure as hell don’t need mine.

Good news in light of recent events.
I think a gradual reduction of games over time is the ideal scenario.

Great news! Nothing like watching a game from the hill @ LO. Even if it’s p1ssin down.

@gallagher:

Terrible news. There never will be ‘the right time’ for our sorry ass club to become professional and take on the powerhouses. Bunch of idiots that are no better than the previous boards we’ve had.
Well if you don’t need ANZs thousands of dollars then you sure as hell don’t need mine.

It looks like according to the article, we will play at ANZ more.

Didnt you read it???

@innsaneink:

@gallagher:

Didnt you read it???

But not all games. I suppose going broke will make relocation more palatable.

Yeah let’s throw away 400-600k in guaranteed Income for rusted on fans…1 game at each is sufficient…

@gallagher:

@innsaneink:

@gallagher:

Didnt you read it???

Do you relly think if we play all our games there, they will pay us the equivalent amount?
Get real.
Their price will drop….and so will income from memberships, merchandise etc

@innsaneink:

@gallagher:

@innsaneink:

@gallagher:

Didnt you read it???

Do you relly think if we play all our games there, they will pay us the equivalent amount?
Get real.
Their price will drop….and so will income from memberships, merchandise etc

Because thats what happened to Canterbury and souths. I’m happy the board aren’t living alone in the last century.

LOL….such simple naivety

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme