Its a damn shame...

…that we arent our usual ‘‘mid table, this time of year, type team’’, cause looking at our run home…if we were still in some sort of contention for the finals I really like our run home…five wins there

…if we were a better team that is

Its just another blown season

16 years, three semis appearances…if reports are to believed re: our recruitment in the next few years, we could well have a team in a few years time with no finals experience whasoever…thatd be a friggin shame too

jus thinking aloud

i hear your thoughts ink. and your fears. I have the same myself.

@innsaneink:

16 years, three semis appearances….

No matter how you try and sugar coat it, that is pitiful. I’m sick of hearing the ‘‘oh well, we won a gf, how many have the Sharks won?’’ defense. I don’t care about the Sharks, i care about my club, and 1 premiership is not worth that record. It was a decade ago, you can’t live the rest of your life hanging your hat on that one premiership. If anything, our record makes our premiership look like a fluke, a flash in the pan. And seeing as how we never fully capitalized and went on on with the job after that, you can easily argue that it was those things.

Unfortunately those that ran the club into the ground have slipped away.

They deserve at least a bit of a stoning.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

@guyofthetiger:

Unfortunately those that ran the club into the ground have slipped away.

They deserve at least a bit of a stoning.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

one of my favourite movies i watch the python dvds at home sometimes after a bad loss it helps kill the pain.They are having lots of viewing this year

It’s very disappointing the way this has all unfolded the way the club has been managed has left the team and its supporters in a heap and those responsible don’t have to put up with the pain. The other tough part of all this is that things don’t look to be on the improve for some time to come. Usually I look forward to the end of summer and the beginning of the new football season however I won’t be too fussed for the next few years and will hope for a prolonged cricket season. I can’t help but think that our club is not on its own and the main reason we have been found out is because we are now governed by an NRL dominated Board. I am not knocking this but the NRL should have a close look at other clubs as well there must be plenty of ways invented by others to get around the salary cap. The revelations out of Parramatta this morning are showing the cracks in the salary cap idea are widening.

The salary cap and its workings has not helped our cause,not being able to generate the same TPA’s as other clubs has been a real disadvantage,but the bottom line is gross mismanagement over a long period of time has landed us in a big hole that might end up being to deep to get out of in the long run. Perennial loosing teams do not survive and without the ability to actually buy some real quality players for the next few years,wins will be few and far between and I have real doubts we will survive,at least in our current set up.

I just hope that out the wreck the right lessons are learnt and we become are really strong force in the NRL

@GNR4LIFE:

@innsaneink:

16 years, three semis appearances….

No matter how you try and sugar coat it, that is pitiful. I’m sick of hearing the ‘‘oh well, we won a gf, how many have the Sharks won?’’ defense. I don’t care about the Sharks, i care about my club, and 1 premiership is not worth that record. It was a decade ago, you can’t live the rest of your life hanging your hat on that one premiership. If anything, our record makes our premiership look like a fluke, a flash in the pan. And seeing as how we never fully capitalized and went on on with the job after that, you can easily argue that it was those things.

I’m curious, this is a legit question, what record is worth a premiership? How many years of non-finals are you happy to trade for a premiership?

@innsaneink:

we could well have a team in a few years time with no finals experience whasoever….thatd be a friggin shame too

that’s the worst part about it… a team like us probably gets a 3 year premiership window

cowboys have had their chanes (or chances taken away more like) and this would probably be their last chance to get that premiership.

apart from robbie and woods, we have no players who would’ve played in that pressure situation of finals. sheens had that extra gear he could push the players to get their intensity up during finals, i’m not sure JT or the coaching staff have that intensity in them.

even if we make the finals in a year or two (how sad is that?- 3 from 18 lol), we would probably get bundled out in straight sets coz of inexperience.

we really need to buy seasoned finalists (not just experienced first graders)- someone like hoffman, mason, myles, eastwood etc.

we’ve alreday had a fairy tale- don’t expect another one.

It tough to sit idle and watch all this unfolding. However, I’ve found it best to just have confidence that the young guys are getting one hell of a steep learning curve that will have positive results in a few years.

I know I sound just like Taylor, but it is the reality.

Think Ben Hunt 3 or 4 years ago. He couldn’t crack the starting side and I seen him do some but ugly stuff on the field. Yes, he had the luxury of being eased into the starting side with plenty of experienced big names around him, but it has taken 3 or 4 years to be where he is at. Hoping Brooks and Moses show even more than him in 3 or 4 years.

@The Tooth:

It tough to sit idle and watch all this unfolding. However, I’ve found it best to just have confidence that the young guys are getting one hell of a steep learning curve that will have positive results in a few years.

I know I sound just like Taylor, but it is the reality.

Think Ben Hunt 3 or 4 years ago. He couldn’t crack the starting side and I seen him do some but ugly stuff on the field. Yes, he had the luxury of being eased into the starting side with plenty of experienced big names around him, but it has taken 3 or 4 years to be where he is at. Hoping Brooks and Moses show even more than him in 3 or 4 years.

The big question of course will these kids be still with us in 3 and 4 years time!!! It could easy pan out they learn their trade and move on to one of the top notch outfits

@innsaneink:

…that we arent our usual ‘‘mid table, this time of year, type team’’, cause looking at our run home…if we were still in some sort of contention for the finals I really like our run home…five wins there

16 years, three semis appearances…if reports are to believed re: our recruitment in the next few years, we could well have a team in a few years time with no finals experience whasoever…thatd be a friggin shame too

jus thinking aloud

Yeah agree with almost everything Ink , but finals experience isn’t the be all and end all

How many blokes in 2005 had finals experience ??

4-5 maybe ??

@supercoach:

The big question of course will these kids be still with us in 3 and 4 years time!!! It could easy pan out they learn their trade and move on to one of the top notch outfits

The othe big question is, willl WE be around in 3-4 years time?

@happy tiger:

@innsaneink:

jus thinking aloud

Yeah agree with almost everything Ink , but finals experience isn’t the be all and end all

4-5 maybe ??

It is interesting that in 2004, a year before Wests Tigers won the grand final, Wests Tigers were thrashed by around 40 points when the played the Roosters. So there is hope.

@Newtown:

@happy tiger:

@innsaneink:

jus thinking aloud

4-5 maybe ??

It is interesting that in 2004, a year before Wests Tigers won the grand final, Wests Tigers were thrashed by around 40 points when the played the Roosters. So there is hope.

Actually Newtown we got back to back 50 point thrashings by the Roosters and Dragons

Nick Graham infamous game v Dragons when he steps out of Piggy’s way

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme