Balmain Leagues club site to be demolished?

Anyone else know something about this? I work for a traffic control company and we received a request this week to create a traffic control plan for the site at Rozelle. Not sure what the dates for it are, though.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

@alexaki:

Geez your funny…. I can’t stop laughing 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

And the club is in Rozelle which 2039 you doofus.

Don’t think its ever been a question of if it will be demolished, just what happens next.

@TigersFan4Life:

Anyone else know something about this? I work for a traffic control company and we received a request this week to create a traffic control plan for the site at Rozelle. Not sure what the dates for it are, though.

Obviously bureaucracy gone mad. A traffic control plan to plant some trees? oh yeah, the queue to hug them may be long.
Seriously when I walked passed them over a year ago i’m not surprised they need to be pulled down as they look bad. Most likely nothing to do with the development really starting

Good news, Channel 10 reported new DA to be lodged with Council on this week for 2 twelve storey towers and a new large club. Child care facilities etc. Do I detect the wisdom of someone in this latest application? It sounds very promising.

@Pawsandclaws:

Good news, Channel 10 reported new DA to be lodged with Council on this week for 2 twelve storey towers and a new large club. Child care facilities etc. Do I detect the wisdom of someone in this latest application? It sounds very promising.

Onya Harry

Yeah saw a press release that said its being lodged on Friday. Who knows how long it will take for a decision.

They need to sort it out though, I drive past pretty often and it’s just a hole to look at.

Balmain Leagues Club has today expressed their disappointment at the decision last night by Leichhardt Council to move forward with changes to the planning controls for the Tigers Rozelle site.
Despite announcements that a development application for the site would be lodged by the developer, Mr Ian Wright, on Friday August 14th compliant with the current Tigers Masterplan controls of 2008, Leichhardt Council unanimously voted to forward their proposed planning controls to the Department of Planning with a reduced floor space ratio (FSR) for the site.
The decision to raise the revised controls at the Policy Council Meeting comes despite confirmation in March 2015 from the Department of Planning and Environment that the existing planning controls for the site provided appropriate framework for the site’s future and that any plans to reduce the current FSR would appear inconsistent with the Department’s future Sydney growth plans.
Balmain Tigers Chairman, Leslie Glen, said that the Club felt let down by the Council’s decision and the process undertaken.
“The Club has been very open and transparent with the Council through this process, and announced well in advance of the meeting that a development application (DA) would be lodged by the developer on Friday,” Mr Glen said.
“We feel let down by the Council with this decision and the process under which it was made.
“The Club and developer acted in good faith with the Council with regard to this DA and worked on the assumption the Council would also do the same.
“On Monday we called for the Council to bring the Tigers home and support this DA, but last night’s decision seems to have disregarded our situation.”
Mr Glen said that the addition of the Council gifting the space to the Club is impractical.
“It is clear from this decision that the Council fail to understand the commercial realities of this project and the Deed of Agreement between the Club and the developer,” he said.
“The Club has been working with the developer over an extended period, and for the Council to expect this relationship to simply cease for their purposes is senseless.
“We have dealt with much adversity in attempting to redevelop our Rozelle site for over a decade and after last night it has become clear the Council wish to further delay this process.”

Good old Leichhardt Council hey.

Changing the rules three days before the DA was going to be lodged.

Where are all those people who were partying a few months back and giving Darcy and the other council wanktards a slap on the back for the press release saying they would support the club development??

Balmain needs to let go of Rozelle and start fresh. No other option.

@Abraham:

Good old Leichhardt Council hey.

Changing the rules three days before the DA was going to be lodged.

Where are all those people who were partying a few months back and giving Darcy and the other council wanktards a slap on the back for the press release saying they would support the club development??

Balmain needs to let go of Rozelle and start fresh. No other option.

Yep build the club in Ashfield

So much for good old Darcy 2 months ago saying they supported it. But hey, he’s a politician isn’t he?

Is Darcy still on the council - I thought he got booted. As much as the guy obviously loves BT he is a major liability.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme