Proud of the effort!

tonight even thou we lost i was proud of the boys tonight, they never gave up. our attack let us down badley tonight with a lot of poor passes, but all and all i was happy tonight. again we copped it from the refs and all the calls went the roooters way. if only we could throw 3-4 better players into that side we could be a good side.
well down boys.

I thought there were clear signs that once we hit the 60 minute mark we ran out of steam and gave up. What followed was ill discipline, pathetic loose passing and some real lazy play.

3 or 4 better players we apparently can’t afford for 3 or 4 years. Some put in tonight some simply aren’t up to it.

I reckon they did put in.

Easily pleased, take out Tedesco and the scoreline would have been 50-4

@Tiger In The Gong:

I thought there were clear signs that once we hit the 60 minute mark we ran out of steam and gave up. What followed was ill discipline, pathetic loose passing and some real lazy play.

Typical of a team which is very, very short on the class of the opposition. Still the NRL wants an even playing field yet will not come down on those clubs which are very obviously rorting the system at expense of clubs who follow financial rules.

@Milky:

Easily pleased, take out Tedesco and the scoreline would have been 50-4

Agreed. Tedesco was the last line of defense on about 4 occasions, 2 out of the 4 should have been certain tries

We were lucky the Roosters weren’t on song in the first half otherwise it could have been much much uglier

seriously I know we show ill discipline sometimes but the refs kill us every week.we received one penalty in the second half…I think they won the count 15-5…the first they have won all year

That was better than most of our performances against the Rorters for the past 5 years or so. Considering we were down on personnel, and the difference in quality of the rosters overall I dont know what people were expecting.

Park footy players cannot compete with the new silvertails.

@Tiger In The Gong:

Lack of possession I reckon, TITG. It can hurt even the best teams.

@bp tiger:

tonight even thou we lost i was proud of the boys tonight, they never gave up. our attack let us down badley tonight with a lot of poor passes, but all and all i was happy tonight. again we copped it from the refs and all the calls went the roooters way. if only we could throw 3-4 better players into that side we could be a good side.
well down boys.[/quote

Never gave up ???
Whenever the roosters big guys got the ball in the second half, we did a great impersonation of giving up, they just stood aside and directed them to Tedesco .“you stop em Teddy, they’re a bit big for us”
As usual, bloody Soft when it matters

We defended better in the 1st half than we have all season….Losing Lawrence after 3mins we were always going to struggle with 16 men…

I don’t think they turned it up …lack of possession and simple errors caused a blow out in the score in the end…

we’ve been out scored 192-32 in our last 5 games v roosters. Considering how bad we’ve been going of late this could easily have been a 50+ point flogging, But it wasn’t personally I think the defensive effort early with roosters having a lot of ball and field position plus one down on the bench for basically the whole game the boys were going to run out of steam in the last 15 minutes or so.

Couple of soft tries but think all in all that was a much better performance then what we put up against the Knights and Titans recently.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme