Dropped ball on 2nd phase play!!!

Is it just me or did you all notice that our boys have been trained to be so “structured” that last night against the Roosters it seemed like they were given the green light by the coaching staff to play what is front of them in attack.

As a result most of the time when one of our boys would create second phase play the receivers dropped the ball for varying reasons either they were surprised and did not expect the ball or they weren’t used to it as JT’s “structured” style wouldn’t allow them to do this in previous rounds.

The Tigers seemed like fish out of water when it came to 2nd phase play……

What is your opinion?

Lack of attention to detail I think. Something we struggle with year after year. We switch off on plays. An example of this is Nofo made a good tackle and then just stood at marker having no intention of covering his side. I was screaming for him to move quick from marker to the right but he was brain dead and the Roosters took advantage of a mentally lazy player. I know it’s not a 2nd phase example but pointing out I think it’s a 1 percenter issue. We fail at all the little 1 percenters

Our passing game was nothing short of abysmal

Two or three passes hit the mark and we win that game , simple as that

What we learnt after that

Naiqama isn’t a centre

Don’t write Kev off as a centre just yet. Nofo was clearly underdone and didn’t offer much help and he was up against Jennings.

Not one of his better games but he has been one of our most consistent performers and is entitled to another shot. The alternatives are not very palatable…

With Nofoaluma back I’d prefer Hoeter back on the wing

Better under the high ball in my opinion

If our defence continues to hold up teams are going to target us under the high ball

If only we can cut down on dropped balls and bad passes

@happy tiger:

Our passing game was nothing short of abysmal

Two or three passes hit the mark and we win that game , simple as that

What we learnt after that

Naiqama isn’t a centre

He probably isn’t happy but…

He is better there than on the wing.
He is a better centre than Nofa and Milone
He is about the best we have till we can afford “a centre”

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme