Kurtis Rowe

I was a knocker of his last year when he was part of the NRL side as he simply wasn’t up to it.

After watching him in the NSW Cup for some weeks now, playing both fullback and wing he has been the best player in the side all season and I think he deserves another chance in the top grade. By far and away our leading NSW Cup try scorer. (with 2 more scored this afternoon) He possesses good speed and just looks a bit more up to it physically this year too - has definitely added some size.

I think for the remaining 6 weeks, Rowe has earned an opportunity through some good form in the NSW Cup throughout the entire season and Richards through terrible form and no future gain should give way. His speed alone would be utilized to be able to make use of overlaps that Richards simply cannot.

For the following game against the Storm, we could do worse than line up with the following outside backs:

1. Tedesco
2. Rowe
3. Simona
4. Naiqama
5. Nofoaluma

Sounds like 1 good option. I think Patty has to make way for someone whether that be Rowe, Seve or Fine. Don’t think Hoeter or Milone should get another go at this stage.

1. Tedesco
2. Naiqama
3. Simona
4. Heleta/Seve
5. Nofoaluma

Surely that’s how we have to go next year.

@greatodensraven:

Sounds like 1 good option. I think Patty has to make way for someone whether that be Rowe, Seve or Fine. Don’t think Hoeter or Milone should get another go at this stage.

Yeah, after watching Seve in 20s last night, he has been ok but has a way to go and hasn’t exactly been setting the world on fire in the lower grades so I’m waiting on him, see if he turns good in the next 12 months or so, despite this I think we’ve used our 2nd tier salary cap so couldn’t play him if we wanted to. As for Fine, he hasn’t played a game in the outside backs this season… They have transitioned him to the back row so he wouldn’t really be an option in the outside backs either. Hoeter and Milone are a disgrace and should never wear the Tigers NRL jersey again.

@Sabre:

1. Tedesco
2. Naiqama
3. Simona
4. Heleta/Seve
5. Nofoaluma

Surely that’s how we have to go next year.

Heleta was playing ok before his season ending injury, and Seve has been ok as well … in the u20s… Being ‘ok’ in the u20s generally does NOT cut it in the NRL. Some players tear it up in the u20s and still don’t cut it… I’m not sold on any of our centre options atm (besides Simona) but at least Kurtis Rowe has improved dramatically over the past 12 months, so i think he deserves another shot.

If he’s been in good form I wouldn’t have a drama giving him a go in place of Richards. I think he would take advantage of Tedesco’s and Simona’s quick passing

rowe was very scrutinised last year for no reason imo.

i really like him as a player, tries very hard, is quick and smart too.

As much as Richards has been playing poorly of late I don’t want to see him dropped. Our season is shot anyway and he deserves to go out playing NRL and not NSW Cup.

Wouldn’t hurt giving him a run and it might show the nsw cup players if you try you get rewarded

@tig_prmz:

LOL he was scrutinized because he was beyond terrible. I was actually happy when we signed junior burger so we’d never see Rowe again.

I think hoeter has been unfairly judged as a player due to playing in the centers. He played one game on the wing in first grade and was very good. That’s his position. If JT does the right thing and drops Richards Hoeter deserves a crack at his spot.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Rowe please No No No No No

@pacman:

@greatodensraven:

Yeah, after watching Seve in 20s last night, he has been ok but has a way to go and hasn’t exactly been setting the world on fire in the lower grades so I’m waiting on him, see if he turns good in the next 12 months or so, despite this I think we’ve used our 2nd tier salary cap so couldn’t play him if we wanted to. .

I watched the whole 80mins on NYC last night. Seves issue is that Mapestone is purely a running half and never gives him any ball. He was completely wasted last night, I barely saw him touch it. Put Martin inside him and it would be completely different.

Rowe is a new man very quick i would give him a go

@fergiefurr:

@tig_prmz:

LOL he was scrutinized because he was beyond terrible. I was actually happy when we signed junior burger so we’d never see Rowe again.

I think hoeter has been unfairly judged as a player due to playing in the centers. He played one game on the wing in first grade and was very good. That’s his position. If JT does the right thing and drops Richards Hoeter deserves a crack at his spot.

No thanks, don’t need another slow, terrible player on the WING of all positions. Besides every time Hoeter has played with Rowe in NSW Cup this season, Rowe has outplayed him anyway, should be picked on form.

@fergiefurr:

@pacman:

@greatodensraven:

Yeah, after watching Seve in 20s last night, he has been ok but has a way to go and hasn’t exactly been setting the world on fire in the lower grades so I’m waiting on him, see if he turns good in the next 12 months or so, despite this I think we’ve used our 2nd tier salary cap so couldn’t play him if we wanted to. .

I watched the whole 80mins on NYC last night. Seves issue is that Mapestone is purely a running half and never gives him any ball. He was completely wasted last night, I barely saw him touch it. Put Martin inside him and it would be completely different.

Was he playing left or right ?

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme