Worst Season in WT History

It is likely that no senior team from the Wests Tigers franchise will make the playoffs this season.
There’s obviously a huge issue with culture in this club.
What is the answer to change this

We have a losing culture and it’s acceptable for us to lose as long as we do something good during the game. The players feel safe as there is no one fighting for there position and our coach doesn’t bark.
Last player at the tigers to get benched/dropped was benji marshall and the coach got ridiculed over it by the media and fans even know that benji was a bludger.

The answer is accountability.

Under perform in any grade and you get dropped.

On the flip side play well in the lower grades and you might be a chance to get promoted.

Suddenly its a totally different feel around the club.

TITG, I agree with you, performance should be the go.
BUT:
The old days where a player gets dropped for a poor game is sadly gone in the modern game.
The salary cap restricts player movement up and down, teams’ selections are hamstrung, and clubs need to seek NRL Admin approval to pick players up a grade etc etc.

@tiger_one:

BUT:
The old days where a player gets dropped for a poor game is sadly gone in the modern game.
The salary cap restricts player movement up and down, teams’ selections are hamstrung, and clubs need to seek NRL Admin approval to pick players up a grade etc etc.

I see what you are saying Tiger One, fair point but that doesnt mean you run with the same 17 every week.

There is still room for accountability.

@macman:

It is likely that no senior team from the Wests Tigers franchise will make the playoffs this season.
There’s obviously a huge issue with culture in this club.
What is the answer to change this

Money to buy some players of quality and experience to mix with what we have otherwise promotion and relegation with teams in the club is just shifting the deck chairs since there doesn’t appear to be much difference in the quality of for example the centres in the club.

The joint smells of wests in the late 90s. We are gone. If you love rugby league them is time to pick your next club.

Money alone won’t help, this mob will only waste it

@gallagher:

The joint smells of wests in the late 90s. We are gone. If you love rugby league them is time to pick your next club.

Well last night my wife and I thought exactly the same thing watching the game live , we experienced that season with Wests and the parallels are similar.I just do not understand why more supporters are not up in arms about how the club is being run into the ground, until I see figures regarding the salary cap which will not happen I call it as I see it exaggerated in the extreme .
Taylor should be sacked at seasons end this team has NOT progressed in any regard this season it has gone backwards,the younger guys have not improved again gone backwards now they struggle to throw a decent pass.
There seems to be a concerted effort from the Chairperson down to blame others for the reason the team is rock bottom,I say it is about time that these people started to take some responsibility for the mess this club is in after all they have been in power for over 12 months .
Also the sympathy that these persons get from most fellow forum members is a bit bemusing to say the least,you can fool some of the people some off the time,if I saw at least some improvement in this teams performances that at least would give some positivity for the future …in all honesty is any supporter looking forward to next season with this pretender as the coach?

@Snake:

@gallagher:

Well last night my wife and I thought exactly the same thing watching the game live , we experienced that season with Wests and the parallels are similar.I just do not understand why more supporters are not up in arms about how the club is being run into the ground, until I see figures regarding the salary cap which will not happen I call it as I see it exaggerated in the extreme .
Taylor should be sacked at seasons end this team has NOT progressed in any regard this season it has gone backwards,the younger guys have not improved again gone backwards now they struggle to throw a decent pass.
There seems to be a concerted effort from the Chairperson down to blame others for the reason the team is rock bottom,I say it is about time that these people started to take some responsibility for the mess this club is in after all they have been in power for over 12 months .
Also the sympathy that these persons get from most fellow forum members is a bit bemusing to say the least,you can fool some of the people some off the time,if I saw at least some improvement in this teams performances that at least would give some positivity for the future …in all honesty is any supporter looking forward to next season with this pretender as the coach?

Well said

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

@Snake:

What I want to know is how do you expect a coach to take a rubbish team and improve remarkably in just one season? He’s hardly even had the chance to influence signings yet (and may not for a while given the cap trouble he’s apparently been left with).

Do we only sign coaches for 1 season until we make the finals?

We have improved this season - less injuries and better defence. It’s not enough yet to make a mark on the win column, but even Terry Lamb got two seasons.

I agree with TITG. Accountability is the answer. It seems to be lacking in our club.
Every individual in the team should be mutually accountable to each other and that the team as a whole, not just any one or two, individuals within it. Every member in the team needs to accept accountability for the results of the team’s actions and performance.
JT must start creating an environment where accountability is clear and fully accepted within our club. The sooner the better.

@Tiger In The Gong:

The answer is accountability.

Under perform in any grade and you get dropped.

On the flip side play well in the lower grades and you might be a chance to get promoted.

Suddenly its a totally different feel around the club.

Sorry mate two words that the club don’t understand and are very similar are accountability and accounting. No understand ,no comprehend amigo :crazy One plus one equals. Uhhhhhh who cares I will still have a job next year .

@jirskyr:

@Snake:

What I want to know is how do you expect a coach to take a rubbish team and improve remarkably in just one season? He’s hardly even had the chance to influence signings yet (and may not for a while given the cap trouble he’s apparently been left with).

Do we only sign coaches for 1 season until we make the finals?

We have improved this season - less injuries and better defence. It’s not enough yet to make a mark on the win column, but even Terry Lamb got two seasons.

The problem is that JT has been poor. Your comments are fair enough in general but not in relation to JT.

@Tiger In The Gong:

@tiger_one:

BUT:

I see what you are saying Tiger One, fair point but that doesnt mean you run with the same 17 every week.

There is still room for accountability.

So, if you cannot bring up anyone because of salary cap issues, and you have a problem with one of the top 17, what then?

Do we go with 16 or less?

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme