Taupau faces 3 Weeks...

Judiciary Update: NRL Round 20

Mon 27th July, 02:00PM
A A

Wests Tigers forward Martin Taupau has been charged by the NRL Match Review Committee from the Club’s Round 20 clash against the Sydney Roosters.

After being placed on report and sin-binned following a high shot on Roosters five-eighth James Maloney in the 76th minute, Taupau has been charged by the Match Review Committee with a Grade 3 Dangerous Contact - Head/Neck offence.

With an early guilty plea, Taupau will miss the next three weeks of football, or four weeks if he fights the charge and is found guilty by the Match Review Committee.

The Club has until 12:00pm on Tuesday, July 28 to enter a plea and has not done so yet.

In other judiciary news, Brisbane Broncos forward Adam Blair will miss two-three weeks after being charged with a Grade 2 Shoulder Charge on Titans halfback Kane Elgey.

This week’s opponents, Melbourne Storm, could be without key forward Jesse Bromwich after he was charged refered following a biting complaint by Dragons fullback Josh Dugan.

See all the charges and suspensions to come out of Round 20 of the NRL competition below.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2015/07/27/judiciary_update_nrl.html

😢 😢 😢

Absolute joke.
How often do you see far worse get off with no charge…
I reckon the sin binning was enough of a punishment.

He should definitely fight to degrade the charge. Nothing to lose anyway.

Definitely contest it, at least the grading. Plenty of other similar incidents that haven’t copped a suspension like that this season and over the past few years. No consistency so should be an easy win.

The NRL Match Review Committee is a complete joke.

Yep 3 weeks is a joke !
What do /would you get for going toe to toe these days ??

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Taupau apologises to Maloney

Mon 27 Jul, 2015, 3:56pm
By Jack Brady, National Correspondent, NRL.com

Taupau apologises to Maloney
Remorseful Wests Tigers lock Martin Taupau apologised to Roosters five-eighth James Maloney after an incident in last Friday night’s game saw the Kiwi international sin-binned and facing a possible month-long suspension.

Taupau was sin-binned late in the Tigers 33-8 loss to the Roosters for a swinging arm on Maloney after the Roosters five-eighth had jumped on a loose ball on the ground.

The Match Review Committee charged Taupau with a Grade Three Dangerous Contact (Head/Neck) on Monday and he is looking at three weeks on the sideline with the early guilty plea.

If he were to fight the charge at the NRL judiciary and lose, Taupau would miss the next month of football in a crucial period where the Tigers are trying to avoid their maiden wooden spoon.

“It’s football. I was trying to create something for the boys in a good way. I guess it didn’t pan out,” Taupau said.

"I haven’t looked back at the footage but I went in and saw the Roosters boys afterwards and just apologised to James Maloney.

“I told him I didn’t intend for there to be malice in it, so we shook hands and left it at that.”

Taupau, who talked to NRL.com last week about the Tigers’ pilot Personal Branding program he was undertaking in hope of changing how people see him on the field to improve his brand off it, has certainly taken a blow in the aftermath of the incident.

Avoiding questions about his standing in the game – labelling it a “hard” question to fathom – Taupau was otherwise devastated and hopes his team can improve in the first half of their final six games of the season without him.

“It has been a rollercoaster ride for us,” he said.

"We’re trying to stick together and stay strong for one another and hopefully results will come and back that.

“We just want to improve week-in, week-out. The results don’t look pretty but for us it’s a slow progress.”

http://www.nrl.com/taupau-apologises-to-maloney/tabid/10874/newsid/88407/default.aspx

imo he deserved a week.

Every week we have a player knocked senseless illegally and rarely even get a penalty.

Never seen a player sin binned in my life for an offense that was put on report. Also haven’t seen a team penalised this year for blocking the chasers either except us twice.

We don’t have much “luck” with the officials.

A high shot - one foot off the ground.

Sick and tired of this prejudice - becoming more than a joke - The NRL is laughing stock in many ways.

@Russell:

A high shot - one foot off the ground.

Sick and tired of this prejudice - becoming more than a joke - The NRL is laughing stock in many ways.

Marty has been charged with Dangerous Contact(neck/head) Grade 3 not a high shot…

We should at least challenge the grading since he actually missed…

There’s not much to contest, he blatantly hit Maloney and will cop several weeks on the sideline as a result.

We will miss him
Thats all i have to say

@Sabre:

Absolute joke.
How often do you see far worse get off with no charge…
I reckon the sin binning was enough of a punishment.

He should definitely fight to degrade the charge. Nothing to lose anyway.

When its SOO some players could even get away with murder…
Do admit the judiciary is inconsistent at the best of times

3 weeks is fair, it was a dog act he should get 3 for stupidity alone.

Was a dog shot. 3 weeks is fair IMO.

@Defiant:

imo he deserved a week.

Every week we have a player knocked senseless illegally and rarely even get a penalty.

Never seen a player sin binned in my life for an offense that was put on report. Also haven’t seen a team penalised this year for blocking the chasers either except us twice.

We don’t have much “luck” with the officials.

I agree we don’t seem to have much luck, but it doesn’t mean we’re not exempt from the rules when one of ours goes rogue and cheap shots someone. Marty deserved what he got.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme