Statement on Matthew Lodge...

Statement on Matthew Lodge

Wests Tigers Media

Mon 27th July, 01:06PM

Wests Tigers can confirm that Matthew Lodge has received a breach notice from the Penrith Junior Rugby League today, effectively suspending him for the remainder of the 2015 Junior League season.

Lodge, who is currently playing with Wests Tigers Holden Cup team, assists with coaching a St Patricks Blacktown junior league side.

This penalty has come following his alleged involvement in an incident on Saturday, July 25 at a match in Glenwood.

Lodge has five days in which to respond to the breach notice.

The Club is now working with the NRL Integrity Unit to determine if any further action is required.

The Club will make no further comment on the matter.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2015/07/27/wests_tigers_stateme.html

Really needs to pull his head in.
He seems to like it here with the tigers (based on group photos on instragram, etc) so he better get it together or get shipped out.

Geez, getting involve in an incident whilst coaching a junior team is very ordinary. Without knowing the details we can’t judge him, he may have been standing up for one of his players or standing up to an abusive parent, but in any case it would appear he didn’t go about it in the correct manner.

To be suspended for a couple of months though seems like a stretch, especially seeing the Fifita boys haven’t even been suspended yet. But then again its not his first warning.

Don’t hold your breath waiting for Lodge to play again this year,he apparently was involved with the Fafitta boys in the refereeing debarcle the other day….
Marty could be on the sidelines for up to 4 weeks according to the news this afternoon…

When it rains it pours…

What a moron. I’m not one of these “throw them out of the game” people but sometimes I really despair about some of these guys.

Yeah yeah whatever… Get him back on the park in NRL!

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

I find it ironic both his parents are cops

Whats the GO with Kids who cant keep their sh!t together nowadays
In recent years NRL has really suffered with players misbehaving

@innsaneink:

I find it ironic both his parents are cops

Probably explains his attitude, most likely been behind reproach his whole life, or a product of a super strict home.

That said, I haven’t heard what he was purported to have said or done yet?

They are freaken Adults who are paid to be professional role models and represent there code, Club and fans with respect.
I don’t know how many chances players need to pull there heads in? especially after 1 offence.

The NRL are there own worst enemy cause they allow repeat offenders to go and play with another Club but the Club that play tough guy and sack them for there misbehaviour end up loosing out as they just see that player’s Contract being registered with another Club.

How much baby sitting do these guys need?
Great role models ppfff

If you want to know more about Lodge read his instagram comments, there isn’t much between the ears. Moses, Teddy, Noafoluma et al give it to him a lot (Jokingly)

Football players aren’t role models they are Idols….sick of that crap…

Role Model starts at home… Parents…

Lodge just needs to pull his head in and be grateful for the opportunity Football has given him…plenty of other players with half his talent would kill for the chances he has been given…

If he’s done anything, which he obviously has done something to get banned, what is it now, 4 or 5 times this guy has proven that he’s a flog. Clearly missing a chromosome to never learn his lesson

@Geo.:

Football players aren’t role models they are Idols….sick of that crap…

Role Model starts at home… Parents…

Lodge just needs to pull his head in and be grateful for the opportunity Football has given him…plenty of other players with half his talent would kill for the chances he has been given…

Well young kids are led to believe that there sport heroes are role models, but yeah your spot on Geo it does start at home.
Don’t get worked up mate look after the white hairs :mrgreen: 😉

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme