This is from left field, change of coach!

now this is just from left field but could it work, i ask u all.
JT is not a 1st grade coaches arse, but he has shown he is a good assit coach. with manly putting toovey and paying him for all of next year could our board convice him to take over coaching are team and have JT as his assitant. that way we would not have to pay JT out. i think toovey would still like to be a 1st grade coach and i think he would be good for are club.as he is been paid by manly we could offer him incentives and if he does a good job maybe a 2-3 deal.
as i say just from left field, your thoughts.

Well bp,from my perspective,we are still cleaning up one mess,why get involved with another??

I can’t see it happening. If It did happen I’d be open minded about it

Dumping JT as head coach? Certainly is a new idea from you bp!

Dont think this is possible. Taylor would have signed a contract to be head coach with selection of his own assistants.

It would be the same scenario as Toovey and Manly were in. We would have to pay out JT if he didn’t want to be an assistant. We dont have the funds to go down that road.

Or just simply make Toovey coaching director and keep Taylor in the head coach role.

This would reduce Taylor’s work load and allow him to concentrate on the areas he needs to be concentrating on.

Even though i think they would each be better suited in the others role, at least there is no break of contract this way.

There is no chance JT (or any sane person) would accept a demotion - they’d demand to have their contract paid out, and rightly so.

As stated previously, JT would not take a demotion so that would leave Toovey’s only option to take up an Assistant Coaching role with the Tigers which given the success of our current coaching roster, he could do no worse in this role.

I thought JT was keeping the seat warm for Brett Kimmorley…

@Geo.:

Warm and wet

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

@cqtiger:

@Geo.:

Warm and wet

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Ewwwwww… 😐

@Tiger In The Gong:

Or just simply make Toovey coaching director and keep Taylor in the head coach role.

This would reduce Taylor’s work load and allow him to concentrate on the areas he needs to be concentrating on.

Defence?

@formerguest:

@Tiger In The Gong:

Defence?

I dont have anything nice to say about him so will just say winning 😉

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme