WT's 2016 Salary Cap

I have been ranting to myself that we can’t possibly be over the 2016 cap of 6.8m. Yet after doing the spreadsheet it now seems more likely that we are actually pretty close (before Keith’s departure and inflating some of the numbers below to allow for backended contracts).

My guesses at what players would have got when they signed contracts…based on where most were anticipated to be at by 2016…

Players 2016
AKAUOLA, Sitaleki 100
BROOKS, Luke 500
CHERRINGTON, Manaia 85
DRINKWATER, Josh 100
FARAH, Robbie © 900
FINE, Asipeli 85
GALLOWAY, Keith 400
GRAHAM, Dallas 85
HELETA, Watson 85
HOETER, Delouise 85
LAWRENCE, Chris 500
LIOLEVAVE, Lamar 85
LODGE, Matthew 150
MOSES, Mitchell 500
NAIQAMA, Kevin 150
NOFOALUMA, David 300
PENI, Chance 100
SEVE, Marion 85
SIMONA, Tim 300
SIRONEN, Curtis 300
SUE, Sauaso 250
TAUPAU, Martin 200
TEDESCO, James 450
WOODS, Aaron 700
Total 6,495

I am happy to update with any solid info on known amounts.
Farah, Lawrence and Galloway are probably 100K to 200K higher if they have backended contracts.

100% accurate figures?

Isn’t the cap on our top 25 players, there are only 24 on the list.

I think Lawrence is on $700 for 2016

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

@Demps:

100% accurate figures?

Demps, you read like I do…

Nope, just guesses, plus info remembered from other threads

@TopTiger:

Isn’t the cap on our top 25 players, there are only 24 on the list.

Yes 25. The list is merely the list of contracted players for 2016. Some could move to 2nd tier as well.
Ava and Dene are not on the list yet so I would expect them to come into the top 25.

I don’t think there’s much point in this exercise because:

• we’ve no idea what the players are being paid - even the media are guessing
  • there are so many extra clauses, bonuses and what not that listing a single figure is almost useless.
  • we’re likely still paying bonuses from previous years, let alone the backloaded salaries

Just to add to ricksen’s post, we have also been told by the people who have accurate figures sitting in front of them that 2016 is already spent.

No point really in getting your hopes up creating spreadsheets containing guesses and rumours to find some hidden cash. If you believe the powers that be, we are already watching 2016’s team run around.

@stryker:

Just to add to ricksen’s post, we have also been told by the people who have accurate figures sitting in front of them that 2016 is already spent.

No point really in getting your hopes up creating spreadsheets containing guesses and rumours to find some hidden cash. If you believe the powers that be, we are already watching 2016’s team run around.

And boy don’t they inspire you, and with a coach who is struggling big time, does not bode well for next year.

Our CAP is well and truly down the drain pipe and we have gone further down the drain by the scrutiny given to the club by Go and her NRL affiliated colleagues.

The club has to start looking at other ways to lure top players. Is it possible to lure a top player by finding some high rollers who would offer him a TPAs of total $500K and at the same time the club signing him to only $100K taken out of the CAP? This or something similar appears to what is being done by most other clubs and the NRL is turning a blind eye to it.

@stryker:

That fact should make us all tingle with excitement!!

@Newtown:

Our CAP is well and truly down the drain pipe and we have gone further down the drain by the scrutiny given to the club by Go and her NRL affiliated colleagues.

The club has to start looking at other ways to lure top players. Is it possible to lure a top player by finding some high rollers who would offer him a TPAs of total $500K and at the same time the club signing him to only $100K taken out of the CAP? This or something similar appears to what is being done by most other clubs and the NRL is turning a blind eye to it.

Can’t we just kidnap someone and dye their hair or something. Surely no one would notice 💡

@goldcoast tiger:

@Newtown:

Can’t we just kidnap someone and dye their hair or something. Surely no one would notice 💡

He will need to have a “Bold Personality”.

@Newtown:

@goldcoast tiger:

@Newtown:

He will need to have a “Bold Personality”.

You’d certainly need some fine cotton for the jerseys that week Newtown

take it as gospel moltzen 300 thousand and galloway 600 thousand. now you know why we struggle with one million down the drain

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme