NYC Team Announcement: Round 21

NYC Team Announcement: Round 21

Tue 28th July, 04:50PM

Wests Tigers NYC Holden Cup Coach Brett Kimmorley has named his side to take on the Melbourne Storm in their Round 21 clash this Friday, July 31.

Kickoff for the match is scheduled for 5:25pm AEST at Leichhardt Oval, as Kimmorley’s side look to bounce back from a close last-start defeat to the Sydney Roosters.

With hopes of a top eight finish on the line, Sione Alofi will return at fullback for Friday’s match as Jeremy Marshall-King again joines Te Maire Martin in the halves.

Matthew Lodge will start in the front row alongside Junior Tatola — who drops back having played NSW Cup on Saturday afternoon — while Lamar Liolevave comes on to the interchange bench as the Club’s NSW Cup side has the bye this weekend.

1. Sione Alofi
2. Ryland Jacobs
3. Obed Karwhin
4. Marion Seve
5. Tom Satterthwaite
6. Te Maire Martin (capt.)
7. Jeremy Marshall-King
8. Junior Tatola
9. Jacob Liddle
20. Matthew Lodge
11. Matthew Woods (capt.)
12. Bayley Sironen
13. Tyler Cassel

Interchange:
14. Veiru Mapesone
15. Ray Stone
16. Esan Marsters
17. Lamar Liolevave

Coach: Brett Kimmorley

Must win game as far as our top 8 chances go

A shortage of top quality second row forwards and locks in the NRL team but a wealth of talent in NYC.

Big fall from grace for Lamar

Considering NSW Cup have another bye (2 byes in 3 weeks wtf?) Lamar desperately needs game time, as does Lodge to a lesser extent.

Lamar not being named as a starter is interesting though, but i still expect him to start. hopefully it’s a kick up the bum to him. Pull the finger out, start performing or risk never amounting to anything. Dominating at this level might brink back his spark.

@king sirro:

Big fall from grace for Lamar

I’m sure he won’t be with us after his contract is up. No Martin No Lamar. Just my opinion.

lamar has done nothing this year and he should be let go, we should have kept funaki he was twice the player lamar is.
by the way were is funaki he has not played for a while ?

@bp tiger:

lamar has done nothing this year and he should be let go, we should have kept funaki he was twice the player lamar is.

Probably doesn’t want to play for Noddy

@bp tiger:

Given you broke the news about him signing with the Broncos I thought you would know what’s happened to him.

Funaki’s been injured for the past few weeks. Back in a few more i recall from the last injury update from the club

@willow:

@bp tiger:

Given you broke the news about him signing with the Broncos I thought you would know what’s happened to him.

no i havent seen my mate for a few weeks now. been busy.

@bp tiger:

@willow:

@bp tiger:

no i havent seen my mate for a few weeks now. been busy.

Oh well, your guess is as good as mine. He’s either injured or so out of favor he’s simply not selected.

I think it says in the team news Lamar is playing NYC because the NSW Cup team has a bye. Fitness for Lamar and a much needed boost for NYC team. I would imagine learning how to compete against men rather than the NYC opposition is an education for Lamar. I believe he will be in the mix for NRL next year after a strong off-season.

8’— TRY TIME! Big Junior Tatola crashes through next to the posts and we strike first points in this one! We lead 4-0, KTC.

9’— Matt Woods converts and we lead the @storm 6-0.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme