Can anyone identify this Australian Kids Jersey

Hey everyone.

I was wondering if anyone could assist in identifying an Australian jersey that i have had in my posession since the early 1970’s. It is only a kids size 32, so it must be a supporters jersey, and the label does say ’ Stan McCabes Sports Store 254 George St Sydney. I am aware that Stan McCabe is the Legendary cricketer who played with Bradman and had that sports store in the city, and passed away in 1968. One of the main things that baffles me at the moment is the actual Australia Emblem, it has 2 kangaroos, 1 on either side of the centred Shield, so if anyone may know something about the Emblem and the jersey, i would greatly appreciate it.

I am having troubles uploading the photos as it says the file is too large.

Hi Jac, if you have a FB acct you can possibly post the image on there, and then post the link here.
Or maybe re-size the image

Id love to see it

Thanks for the reply innsaneink, i will try that

The old ARL emblem had 2 kangaroos… It was on alot of the jerseys in the 70’s-80’s in place of the Australian Coat of Arms.

One innings I would of loved to have seen was McCabe’s 187 during the Bodyline series

How true happy tiger

Thanks Tiger Watto. Do you know where i may see a photo of 1 like this?

@happy tiger:

One innings I would of loved to have seen was McCabe’s 187 during the Bodyline series

Didn’t you play in it….Flip n Cunno was there…

I wonder if it could of been an old World Cup replica jersey Watto ??

@Geo.:

@happy tiger:

Didn’t you play in it….Flip n Cunno was there…

I did but I only averaged 56 that series

The Poms kept getting angry about my triple hundreds in the 1930-31 series 😆

I originally thought 1970 world cup but a few photos i have seen show the emblem with the Emu

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme