Matt Allwood to sign for tigers

I honestly don’t rate him at all
Very average signing if true

:sign: where did you here this?

Bit of a worry he was let go by Raiders early and if this was true let go by Warriors 1 yr into a 3 yr contract. He is a good solid defensive centre and would be cheap as Warriors will be paying most of the cash still which would be good.

However a big concern being dumped by 2 clubs

@Diyonme:

I have seen nothing from him to warrant an NRL contract, and obviously the warriors don’t rate him either as he has only played 1 NRL game this year.

A rumor page (facebook)
Ali’s NRL rumors pretty handy rumors he gets

He wasn’t dumped by Canberra. He was playing consistently in first grade. He signed with the Warriors and then Stuart dropped him. Another highly rated junior who hasn’t kicked on. Worth a look.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

@fergiefurr:

He wasn’t dumped by Canberra. He was playing consistently in first grade. He signed with the Warriors and then Stuart dropped him. Another highly rated junior who hasn’t kicked on. Worth a look.

Yep, your spot on. Never got a look in NZ, mind you their outside backs are phenomenal, so local juniors have been the go.

He could come very cheap if so.

It’s really a no risk signing. He has plenty of potential.

Haven seen much of him personally but like I said in another thread, Stuart publicly rated him as a very aggressive centre. Said something along the lines of “he hits like a brick wall”. He then picked him in every game until he signed for the Warriors. Stuart then went in another direction which is fair enough.

Do we have a story / source for this

Don’t get my mate Col angry with a facebook / twitter / on the dunny wall at Leichhardt gossip OK

Only hard hitting insider info ,thanks

Liked him at Canberra tbh.
No disgrace that he’s not got much of a run at the Warriors - their outside backs stocks are fairly ridiculous.

@happy tiger:

Don’t get my mate Col angry with a facebook / twitter / on the dunny wall at Leichhardt gossip OK

A few Warriors’ fans believe he is headed to the WTs as part of the cleanout. I believe he is on a 3 year contract so the Warriors are likely to be contributing to his salary if true. As someone has previously said, he played well at the Raiders.

@phil1986:

@fergiefurr:

Yep, your spot on. Never got a look in NZ, mind you their outside backs are phenomenal, so local juniors have been the go.

He could come very cheap if so.

It’s really a no risk signing. He has plenty of potential.

If this is true he would have 2 years to run on his NZ contract, which they would have to stump up some part of unless our management stuff that negotiation up.
Which would probably make him a no risk signing, but I don’t ever remember watching him thinking geez he goes OK.
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-league/canberra-raiders/canberra-raiders-centre-matt-allwood-signs-with-nz-warriors-until-2017-20140520-zric4.html

@Pawsandclaws:

@happy tiger:

A few Warriors’ fans believe he is headed to the WTs as part of the cleanout. I believe he is on a 3 year contract so the Warriors are likely to be contributing to his salary if true. As someone has previously said, he played well at the Raiders.

Excellent

I trust a few Warriors fans

If it had of been a few WTs fans , well ……

All good Col ??

@Diyonme:

Very average for most clubs…… Great signing for ours!!!

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme