2016 last season of Holden Cup, Rookie Draft idea Scrapped

As the title says, 2016 will be the last season of Holden Cup and the Rookie Draft idea has been scrapped according to Josh Massoud.

About time …get premier league on before the main game Some size/ skill/strength not 60 points a game watching boys run around boring.

What’s the source for this?

@farmduck:

What’s the source for this?

Josh Massoud

@farmduck i saw it on 7 news mate sorry, not their website.

Thanks, Milky. I just prefer to see the original comments before I form an opinion. You know what the internet’s like.

Overall, scrapping the NYC is no big deal. We will still have a NSW 20s or 21s comp and still have NSW Cup, Ron Massey and Sydney Shield, so the development pathway is still there.

Most smart clubs understand the need to keep breeding their own as they can’t afford to buy in the entire squad. The biggest problem I can see is in QLD where the replacement 20s comp(s) would probably be regional, not statewide, unless they are attached to the Q Cup. This may not matter because, for example, a junior from Mackay still has the local league and the Cutters to bring them up to Q Cup where they would definitely be spotted by the Qld NRL clubs.

@farmduck:

Thanks, Milky. I just prefer to see the original comments before I form an opinion. You know what the internet’s like.

Overall, scrapping the NYC is no big deal. We will still have a NSW 20s or 21s comp and still have NSW Cup, Ron Massey and Sydney Shield, so the development pathway is still there.

Most smart clubs understand the need to keep breeding their own as they can’t afford to buy in the entire squad. The biggest problem I can see is in QLD where the replacement 20s comp(s) would probably be regional, not statewide, unless they are attached to the Q Cup. This may not matter because, for example, a junior from Mackay still has the local league and the Cutters to bring them up to Q Cup where they would definitely be spotted by the Qld NRL clubs.

The QRL has a strong system in place with Schoolboys to U16 Connell Cup to U18 Meninga Cup followed by the FOGS Colts Challenge in Brisbane.

Then they have the BRL Competition and Intrust Super Cup… Its virtually a mirror image of the NSWRL Structure and the NRL would be very happy to get thier hands on the Intrust Super Cup as a feeder comp to NRL.

@Tiger Watto:

@farmduck:

The QRL has a strong system in place with Schoolboys to U16 Connell Cup to U18 Meninga Cup followed by the FOGS Colts Challenge in Brisbane.

Then they have the BRL Competition and Intrust Super Cup… Its virtually a mirror image of the NSWRL Structure and the NRL would be very happy to get thier hands on the Intrust Super Cup as a feeder comp to NRL.

With all that they are still to win 1 U 20’s Origin game…wow…

@Geo.:

@Tiger Watto:

@farmduck:

With all that they are still to win 1 U 20’s Origin game…wow…

yep… its after U20’s that the NSWRL fall apart?!

More emphasis needs to be on a genuine reserve grade.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme