Taupau - 7th Tackle

So what do we make of this, Tigers fans? Spotted enjoying the hospitality of Bulldogs directors a few weeks ago was none other than firebrand forward Martin Taupau. The Kiwi was a surprise visitor to the official hirer’s suite for Canterbury’s Return to Belmore game against Melbourne a few weeks ago.

Taupau rose through the grades at Canterbury, but despite showing raw promise, could never cement a first grade position under Des Hasler. He left at the end of 2013 in search of that opportunity and has made every post a winner at the Tigers, becoming a cult hero with the joint venture’s fans.

However, there have been whispers of late about Taupau growing restless at Concord. There’s still one year remaining on his current deal, but the Warriors have already picked up on the scent and are considering an approach. And the Bulldogs? We’re told there will be no return. Canterbury continued their push in a different direction yesterday, signing boom front row Adam Elliott for a further two seasons. One-time captain of the club’s Holden Cup side, Elliott was being chased by a number of rivals, including Canberra.

Would not surprise me if true and Warriors were coming with an offer. He can;t be happy here
https://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/a/29131956/the-7th-tackle-with-josh-massoud-and-jim-wilson/?cmp=twitter

I reckon Marty is a man of his word and will see out his contract here…
After that it’s anybodies guess where he will decide to go,or maybe stay…

It is what it is.WT made there bed now they got to lay in it.

Do the warriors have a salary cap or do they think it is a celery cup?

Marty is a priority re-signing. Get it done Mossy!

Such is NRL, Such is the business
If we cant Keep Marty at the right coin he will go elsewhere
Would i blame him ? No
Players do have to look after themselves and if WT is a club is smart they will lock him in now for long term (min 3 more years)

One thing with Marty, he doesnt put in a half arsed effort, he goes all in.

@cunno:

Do the warriors have a salary cap or do they think it is a celery cup?

Correct Cuzzy
Its all sweet as

On a serious note we seem to be only one of the few clubs to hit the salary cap and have nothing to show for

@greatodensraven:

Marty is a priority re-signing. Get it done Mossy!

Aaaarrrrhh , don’t worry, just backdate it, and sign it GMaher, no one will notice 😈

I read this article last night and i really don’t get the point.

Marty Taupau went to the Bulldogs game so he might sign with them. Then again he probably won’t as they have already signed other players but the Warriors might be interested.

Good article!

@Bones:

I read this article last night and i really don’t get the point.

Marty Taupau went to the Bulldogs game so he might sign with them. Then again he probably won’t as they have already signed other players but the Warriors might be interested.

Good article!

Logic, eh…

I’m sure it reported that he was set to resign with us after negotiating a new deal/upgrade? Just because he went to the back to belmore game doesn’t mean anything lol, he is mates with the players there. I think he loves the Tigers and he’s exploded that quickly he has basically already become the new face of the club, I think he will stay.

Every time his name comes up this side of the border all you here is Titans ,Titans ,Titans

Once Davatar is gone , this will be their marquee signing

We won’t get close money wise if what I have heard is true

Garbage clickbait article.
Basically saying the Warriors may be interested when he comes off contract - this is not news. Half the comp will be interested in his signature, regardless of how well WT are going. He’s a young international, of course he’s going to be in demand.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme