Farah worth $900k?

Understandably Farah was rusty tonight… And IMO took a number of poor options…But he has me wondering whether he is worth $900k p.a. For the next 2 years???. The spine seems more slicker when Mania is on the field… He’d be on 1/10 of Farah’s salary…

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

He wasn’t at his best. Am assuming a hangover from SOO. Hopefully a decent break over the offseason and he’s back to Captain Tackle in no time.

Not at his best fitness but to answer your question, No, he is not worth anywhere near that amount these days.

God I hope mania is happy to be a bench player/fill in origin for the next 2 years. I know he was only on for like 15-20 minutes but we look so good when he’s there. The passing for the try just before halftime was started by him, I remember when Farah used to do that…

@fergiefurr:

God I hope mania is happy to be a bench player/fill in origin for the next 2 years. I know he was only on for like 15-20 minutes but we look so good when he’s there. The passing for the try just before halftime was started by him, I remember when Farah used to do that…

If Mania isn’t we have Liddle as well

Simple answer is no, not on this years form.

With all due to respect to all the other fans, the question is not going to yield an accurate answer. This is the problem with these backloaded contracts.

Let’s say he is on 900 this year and on an open market would fetch 6-700 (clearly has earned the right to be considered second to Smith. I do concede that Luke, Ennis, Mcullough are just as good for their clubs but player values and reputations take things like rep honours, image, experience, consistency etc… Into account).

What about the first couple of years of this contract, worth 1 mil + to a club like parra or the Titans, probably took home 550/600.

The question should be over the number of years he signed, is he worth the total $ value and percent of the cap he takes up. My answer is yes. Our club has made a lot of dumb decisions, locking Robbie up wasn’t one imo.

great to have him back today.more organised when robbie,s around. nice little earner 2 day.had tigers and england double fiver on it. ps bet start of week 😃

No…No. Robbie is past his best .Service is slow from the ruck and he has lost his nippiness in attack.
still a good defender and reads the game well …BUT not worth $900k a season

My personal opinion is that NRL salaries should be on a sliding scale over the age of 31.
Most players play their best footy between age of 25-29. There is an elite few that play really well beyond 30 years old- Thurston, Gallen, Cronk, Smith and Slater being these players.
You should not be paying top dollar for players entering their footy retirement years.

Golden rule of any recruitment strategy, never get caught paying the final contract of a player’s career.

Cherry will get his time, he knows he’s guaranteed games during Origin and there’s probably a fair chance of a few games coming off the bench after Origin games.

If you were to base the money purely on this year and performance for Robbie……probably not worth the 900k

He made a big difference to the team last night, yes he did take a couple of bad options but during the majority of the game he provided important leadership and could be seen taking up his team mates and directing plays. His defence goes without saying. Whether he is worth $900 well if he is subject to the now famous back ended contract then I would say yes because he is being paid this year for efforts in the past when he should have been paid full freight.

@tsjonathan:

@fergiefurr:

If Mania isn’t we have Liddle as well

Liddle isn’t in Manias class IMO. He is just a runner with blinding acceleration, haven’t seen any play making/ kicking from him at all.

What he’s being paid and what he’s worth are irrelevant. He’s got a contract and is earning whatever the club agreed to pay him. Yes, Cherrington is looking the goods out there at a far cheaper price and hopefully we can hang onto him for the next couple of years.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme