Sirro jr

Noticed not too much has been said, but he is coming along nicely, IMHO…

Yeah it’s taken a while, probably due to injury setbacks etc, but you’re right, he is coming along nicely now and improving with every game.

Speaking of juniors, living in QLD, how does his brother bailey go ? Looks a raw boned unit.

@Tigerbenb:

Speaking of juniors, living in QLD, how does his brother bailey go ? Looks a raw boned unit.

Highly regarded along with Ray Stone. They already have him in the backrow in NYC so he should be more adept at it when he makes his FG debut compared to Curtis. Not as tall as Curtis but he’ll fill out more and be a solid unit.

Personally Sirro has been a frustration for me. He hasn’t lived up to his hype and is reaching his potential at a snails pace. He played well last night though.

Not too much has been said because he isn’t exactly setting the world on fire.

Nor is he playing horribly.

He’s been playing well, without being brilliant. Which is fine.

Sirro >
Big fan, love him.

His continual injuries have been a massive hindrance on him IMO. Since he’s gone full time back row (ie last year), he’s barely gone four or five games without some sort of niggle or worse.
Keep him fit and he’ll thrive I think, the size and talent is all there.

Has potential to be anything. Sbw v2 comes to mind. In terms of his injuries it was caused by sheens bringing him into grade to early, undeveloped poor resources ect. The guy would be a machine by now if he come through grade at the dogs. Hopefully he doesn’t turn out to be another Lawrence that the wests tigers have ruined their careers.

At the start of the year I had some real doubts, I thought although playing in the back row I thought he was still playing like a no6 rather than using his size and hitting hard in both defence and attack. Since coming back from his neck injury he has been really good in both attack and defence. I am not one for being optimistic as being a tigers fan it usually comes back to bite you, but 2016 could be way better than I expected with the kids starting to look like the real thing.

@supercoach:

At the start of the year I had some real doubts, I thought although playing in the back row I thought he was still playing like a no6 rather than using his size and hitting hard in both defence and attack. Since coming back from his neck injury he has been really good in both attack and defence. I am not one for being optimistic as being a tigers fan it usually comes back to bite you, but 2016 could be way better than I expected with the kids starting to look like the real thing.

He looks a much better player, both more involved and more aggressive, since coming back.
Who knows how much that injury was holding him back?

Before this year, all his first grade opportunity was due to his name, promise and the odd glimpse. He was looking pretty good in the backrow at the start of the season. He played a few games injured and his performance dropped slightly.

He’s really starting to look like a first grade backrower now. I can see him developing into a rep player easily. A fit off-season and I think he’ll be a real weapon next year. He is big but has unique skill for that size. Let’s hope he doesn’t lose that. I think we need to use him on the offensive line a bit more. Run a couple plays for and through him. Use him as a battering ram then as a ball player. Those sort of plays can make the defense stand still. With Tedesco and Moses sniffing around, I like the opportunities that would present themselves.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

Was good to see him ball playing too like that try we scored from first tackle from the scrum.

@Tigerbenb:

Bailey stood up to the huge Panthers’ pack in the recent U20 game at Leichhardt. Matt Woods and young Stone also impressed. We have a lot of answers to vacancies in our NRL roster in our own juniors. Why waste money on players and have a repeat of the Blair fiasco?

Sirro is going to be something else. He’s taking his bloody time getting there though. His and Lawrence might actually be enough of a backrow for us next year with Halatau, Sue, Bailey, Liolevave for depth.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme