Another individualy dominant display

After watching Teddy’s heroics last night we have only had to wait 1 day to see a similarly dominant individual effort.

Jamie Lyon is murdering the Broncs with 3 brilliant touches for tries and scoring one of his own. The footy has been really good today.

@stryker:

After watching Teddy’s heroics last night we have only had to wait 1 day to see a similarly dominant individual effort.

Jamie Lyon is murdering the Broncs with 3 brilliant touches for tries and scoring one of his own. The footy has been really good today.

Stryker,I met Jamie Lyon at the golf club I work at….not only is he an exceptional rugby league player,he is a very humble and decent human being…well mannered and courteous at all times when he was there…I have some mates that love the Sea Eagles,Jamie kindly signed some caps for them and was more than happy to do it for them…a deadset champion person…

Good to hear.
One of my dissapointments as a fan is that he made himself unavailable for rep footy years ago. He is still in the top echelon of centre’s even today. He should have a wardrobe full of Origin and Test jumpers. He has some but deserved far more.

He prefers to play for the club that is paying his wages, rather than miss 6 weeks or more when the club needs him.
Maybe Robbie should think about who is paying his $900K

Lyon’s club mentality >
SOO sux

2nd best centre in the world still behind Inglis

@happy tiger:

Disagree Lyons would have to be no 1.

Inglis would be up there but only has the athletic superiority

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

@TrueTiger:

@stryker:

Stryker,I met Jamie Lyon at the golf club I work at….not only is he an exceptional rugby league player,he is a very humble and decent human being…well mannered and courteous at all times when he was there…I have some mates that love the Sea Eagles,Jamie kindly signed some caps for them and was more than happy to do it for them…a deadset champion person…

Seconded. I met him briefly. He came comes across as very humble and down to earth. He was constantly playing with his young guy and daughter (?).

My wife is shooting an ad with Inglis and her impression is that he is very down to earth and humble as well.

There are loads of normal fellas playing NRL. They are just lost in the noise created by a small amount of jerks.

@Mccarry:

@TrueTiger:

@stryker:

Seconded. I met him briefly. He came comes across as very humble and down to earth. He was constantly playing with his young guy and daughter (?).

My wife is shooting an ad with Inglis and her impression is that he is very down to earth and humble as well.

There are loads of normal fellas playing NRL. They are just lost in the noise created by a small amount of jerks.

Most footballers are good blokes

Biggest thing is picking your time when you speak to them

If you interrupt their time with families or when they are eating meals you might not get what you want

But like our mix of the normal community , you will get some DH’s

@happy tiger:

Cmon Happy get that QLD cap off…. Inglis is a fullback and the only attributes he has over Lyon in the centre position are power and speed. Plus generally Iglis can’t tackle to save his life. Lyon and Hodges are the 2 best centres in the NRL IMO. Lovett a close 3rd :master:

@Fade To Black:

@happy tiger:

Cmon Happy get that QLD cap off…. Inglis is a fullback and the only attributes he has over Lyon in the centre position are power and speed. Plus generally Iglis can’t tackle to save his life. Lyon and Hodges are the 2 best centres in the NRL IMO. Lovett a close 3rd :master:

You need to stop going up to Nimbin with Geo

Its screwing with your brain :crazy

Inglis is the best fullback /centre/winger in the game

@happy tiger:

@Mccarry:

@TrueTiger:

@stryker:

Most footballers are good blokes

Biggest thing is picking your time when you speak to them

If you interrupt their time with families or when they are eating meals you might not get what you want

But like our mix of the normal community , you will get some DH’s

I agree. I ran into Jamie Lyon’s when we were both trying to get money out of an ATM. We had a quick chat and one thing I got out of it was his loyalty to Manly. I reckon something must of happened we will never know about with the Eels. The other thing that got me is how small he is. Doesn’t have the build of an NRL player but is much stronger than he looks. I haven’t seen a better defensive centre in my time.
Not that he is anywhere near that level i have been impressed with Tim Simona the last few weeks. Blake Ferguson and Will Chambers both have had pretty quiet games against him.

@happy tiger:

@Fade To Black:

@happy tiger:

You need to stop going up to Nimbin with Geo

Its screwing with your brain :crazy

Inglis is the best fullback /centre/winger in the game

Has he even played on the wing in the NRL? Slater is the best fullback in the game, Lyon/Hodges the best centres. Couldn’t believe it today on the pre-game show where Joey, Freddie and Finch were asked hypothetically who they would rather have in their team Thurston or Inglis? Inglis shouldn’t be even mentioned in the same breath as Thurston IMO. No comparison.

@bathursttiger:

He prefers to play for the club that is paying his wages, rather than miss 6 weeks or more when the club needs him.
Maybe Robbie should think about who is paying his $900K

That is not technically correct.

He prefers to play for his club as the alternative.

When he played rep football years ago (think it was when he was playing for Parramatta), he was crucified by the media and to some extent by the fans.

His answer was “I don’t need this crap”, made himself unavailable for the future and has never played rep football again.

on your other comment which is also WRONG….
Robbie is entitled to every cent of the contract he and the Wests Tigers signed.

That is why it is called a contract!!!

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme