NSW Cup Team Announcement: Round 22..

NSW Cup Team Announcement: Round 22

Tue 4th August, 04:29PM
A A

TeamAnnouncementNSWCup_vsJETSRD22
Wests Tigers NSW Cup Coach Paul Fletcher has named his side to take on the Newtown Jets in their Round 22 clash at Leichhardt Oval this Saturday morning.

Kickoff for the match is scheduled for 10:40am with live coverage via Fox Sports 1 as Wests Tigers look to keep their finals hopes alive with a much-needed two points, having had three byes in the past five weeks of the NSW Cup competition.

Fletcher will name a similar side to the one that went down to defending premiers Penrith Panthers last fortnight, with Josh Drinkwater partnering Tim Moltzen in the halves. Jarred Farlow moves into the starting side at lock forward, while Junior Kiwi young gun Chance Peni continues his comeback from a broken jaw, named on the wing for Saturday’s game.

With just four rounds to play until the start of the finals series and Wests Tigers heading into this weekend two points outside the top eight, Fletcher stressed the importance of delivering a solid performance this weekend against a side also on the edge of the eight.

“It’s definitely a big game for us this week, but so is every game from here on in,” he said.

"For us, the finals series starts a month earlier — that’s how we’re approaching it.

"We’ve got four games remaining against four sides all in the top eight, and if we’re going to make up that little bit of ground to get in the eight, we’ve got to win them all.

“It’s a challenge, but the boys know what lies ahead of them in that regard,” he said.

“There’s plenty of talent in the team, particularly with the number of young guys who have stepped up from the U/20’s, so it’s definitely not over for us yet this year.”

See who Paul Fletcher has named to take on the Newtown Jets this week below.

Saturday footy returns to Campbelltown on August 15 when we take on the Knights!
1. Kurtis Rowe
2. Delouise Hoeter
3. Nathan Milone
4. Keith Lulia
5. Chance Peni
6. Tim Moltzen
7. Josh Drinkwater
8. Jordan Grant
9. Joel Luani
10. Michael Bullock
11. Lamar Liolevave
12. Asipeli Fine
13. Jarred Farlow

Interchange:
14. Penani Manumalealii
15. Andy Fiagatusa
16. Hala Masila
17. John Sila

Coach: Paul Fletcher

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2015/08/04/nsw_cup_team_announc.html

How do the players feel about such an early Kick Off time, I did a mid shift last Saturday and left for work just as the players were warming up, great way to draw a crowd!.

Odd bench. Is Sila now a forward?
I might try to make it if I can: Moltzen Vs Ayshford!

Such a poor team. We’ve done well at this level for a while now but a team like this isn’t a finals-worthy team. While I would usually jump at the chance to watch them on fox, this is a really uninspiring squad. No real pace, skill or excitement on display.

Having a 5/8 and winger on the bench is ridiculous.

Looking at that 17, how many players are we hopeful of being able to make the step up to NRL next season? Maybe Liolevave, Hoeter and Peni. Grant would probably need another full year at nsw cup level. Fiagatusa is great at this level though serious questions about his ability to do so at his size in the NRL.

Having 3-4 players out of 17 who ‘may’ be able to step up simply isn’t good enough. Yes Graham is injured but the rest of the team are just plodders filling a gap. Last year having Koro and Mr T meant 2 genuine NRL players in the making, as well as a number of forwards.

Chance Peni trying to high 5 the ref after a try!, WTF?.

by the way Santi and Tatola came onto the bench for Sila and Masila

35 minutes in a few have impressed me

Chance Peni
Asipeli Fine
Andy Fiagusta
and Keith Lulia who should have played FG

Poor
Moltzen - having a shocker
Liloevave - Plenty of potential but makes too many mistakes
Milone -How did he play NRL when Lulia and FIne were available

Moltzen, of two 5th tackle kicks one went backwards, and the other one went out on the full, and than he gets injured 😦
Fine was probably the best, solid game by Bullock, Grant, Fiagatusa and Santi.

So it’s now 16 all if anyone wants to know.

And now Newtown get a penalty for obstruction. Ref missed the forearm to the jaw of our guy.

And a soft crash ball try to the Jets. Milone rushes up, Farlow holds back and an easy try results. 22-16 with 16 left.

Jets drop the ball second tackle after kick off. Big chance here but an awful forward pass from us

Luani is the worst hooker I’ve ever seen.

Peni looks like a potential first grader.

I think Drinkwater is a first grader too as is Fine

Yeah game over with a draw 22-22. Chance Peni, FIne both impressive as was Fiagusta.

Liolevave I thought he made too many mistakes early but he played the full 80 and got better as the game went on

Keith Lulia could have done a much better job this year then many blokes who played NRL not sure why he hasn’t

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme