Best Wests Tigers Indigenous Player

Being the NRL Indigenous round it seems topical to name your best ever Wests Tigers, Balmain or Wests indigenous player.

For me i caught the end of Larry Corowa at Balmain when i first started supporting the club but the player i enjoyed watching the most was Travis Baker. Played in a very average Wests team but following him from the Qld Cup he was a talented player. He never quite lived up to his potential but on his day would match it with most of the flashy centres in the game today.

Thoughts.

Larry dealt in real pace. For the Tigers, as a young kid I was a huge Percy Knight fan who played in the same Monaro side as Larry. I also had a lot of time for Paul Davis who came from Melville High Kempsey. The same school as that famous Qld Origin star, Wayne Bartrim. I recall Davis was controversially omitted from the Aust Schools side. Apparently things have changed these days. Too bad about Robert Lui as his play reminded me of Knight and Davis.

I know he didn’t play for us by Cliff Lyons must be one of the best.

For me, Larry Corrowa was a real excitement machine in an era where pure pace was rewarded by open play. He is the best indigenous Tigers player I have seen.

For Wests Tigets it probably has to be Lui.
Or Corey Patterson.

Can you go past Arthur Beetson ??

@Tiger In The Gong:

Being the NRL Indigenous round it seems topical to name your best ever Wests Tigers, Balmain or Wests indigenous player.

For me i caught the end of Larry Corowa at Balmain when i first started supporting the club but the player i enjoyed watching the most was Travis Baker. Played in a very average Wests team but following him from the Qld Cup he was a talented player. He never quite lived up to his potential but on his day would match it with most of the flashy centres in the game today.

Thoughts.

Was Travis from Brisbane Easts TITG ??

Whenever Corrowa got the ball the whole hill would jump to their feet. If he didn’t have the ball, they would yell…“get the ball to Corrowa”.
I’m biased but He was the most exciting player I’ve seen play. Benji comes second.
As for the best …Beetson

Liu was had to many weaknesses in defence. Great attacking player.

Kevin McGuinness for WT. For Balmain probably Artie or Larry Corowa but they were before my time. From the players I saw I’d have to think about that. Bubba Kennedy had stacks of talent but didn’t like the big smoke. John Simon was a genius on his day.

I’d say Robert Lui. For Balmain it’d be Scott Gale.

As a kid following Balmain, Arthur Beetson was great, Kevin Yow Yeh was a speed machine and exciting player to watch, for Wests in recent times, the Mcguiness brothers, also Ron Rambo Gibbs and Ewen McGrady.

Wests tigers - has to be Scott Prince

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

For balmain Beetson by a long way he was a magical forward and there has never been another like him. as others have said Corowa was the most entertaining and the crowd loved him.Wests Tigers would be Scott Gale and for the magpies probably Gibbs a whole hearted player

@happy tiger:

@Tiger In The Gong:

Thoughts.

Cant recall him at the Tigers, but I think he may have played for Ipswich?

@Tiger Watto:

@happy tiger:

@Tiger In The Gong:

Thoughts.

Cant recall him at the Tigers, but I think he may have played for Ipswich?

1997 Grand Final, see the 1.32 mark

Went to Wests the year after.

They reckon Owen Craigie couldve been anything if he knuckled down and got his weight under control.

Great player…like many though average with us

Buddha & Prince for me…

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme