If Manly go on and win the Comp

Wouldn’t it be an embarressement to the Manly board if the Toovey Coached side go all the way and win the Grand Final ?

I wouldn’t put it past them if they can get in the 8 which i’m sure they will on current form .

Can’t believe they’ve arsed Toovey for Barrett !

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

@hobbo2803:

Can’t believe they’ve arsed Toovey for Barrett !

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

I know that’s what i mean .

Nothing is proven with Barrett ? Big gamble

Toovey knows the Club , the culture , the passion etc.

@Geo.:

I HATE ….Manly

Everyone does Geo

Trent Barrett must be getting lots of wraps within the innercircle of those in the know - cause he has no form on the board. The further Manly go in the competition, the more ridiculous this decision will look.

There has to be more to this than we are being told. Toovey is a club legend for them and yet he is being set adrift for a bloke who at most has coached country against city as far as I have read. Toovey must have got some powerbroker(s) offside in the club so politics seems like the culprit. It could also be argued that Manly is a club that expects results ie a premiership and haven’t got there for a while and it was thought that Toovey couldn’t achieve what was required in that regard however bringing Barrett in is not a guarantee so,it’s a bit puzzling although having said that I won’t be too worried if they don’t win another game.

@cunno:

There has to be more to this than we are being told. Toovey is a club legend for them and yet he is being set adrift for a bloke who at most has coached country against city as far as I have read. Toovey must have got some powerbroker(s) offside in the club so politics seems like the culprit. It could also be argued that Manly is a club that expects results ie a premiership and haven’t got there for a while and it was thought that Toovey couldn’t achieve what was required in that regard however bringing Barrett in is not a guarantee so,it’s a bit puzzling although having said that I won’t be too worried if they don’t win another game.

I think he got the players off side with the handling of the Glenn Stewart Contrat.

Toovey was aligned with Delmege…when the Penn’s took over he was a dead man walking…

Manly at board level make Wests V Balmain look like a marriage made in heaven …yet they have had success for over a decade…it’s quite remarkable…more reason to HATE em…

Absolute hard as nails Rugby League club. Probably never been one tougher in the history of the game. They’re finals record since the 60’s speaks for itself. Don’t ever write them off. Not sure what they’re run home is like, but if it’s half decent they could even sneak into the top 4.

@GNR4LIFE:

Absolute hard as nails Rugby League club. Probably never been one tougher in the history of the game.

Rubbish - they should have gone the way of Norths. Credit to the players, they are hard as nails, not the club.

Unlike Wests, they didn’t learn that the leagues club pumping money into the football club and poaching players was not sustainable. They were still over spending in the late 90’s under Arko and blew themselves up. They needed a sugar daddy (Delmege) to survive.

They epitomise everything that is wrong with the game (club self interest) and are a perfect rear view mirror reflection of the game….still playing at Brookvale Oval…seriously, it’s 2015, not 1975.

Gary Bakeroo no matter how pathetic their takeover of North Sydney was ( and I admit it was disgusting) I admire their club for its continued resilience and never give in attitude over the last decade or so. I would be bloody proud if our club showed as much staunchness over the last few years. They have been the club whose games are the most must-see IMO, they play in a hard and tough style especially from '10-'14. They aren’t good enough to win the comp this year but I take my hat off to their win at all costs attitude, its great. Plus they at least stuck solid with the ARL during the Super League crap so they have a few points in the bank over the SL scum in my book.

Maybe, just maybe this late season revival is more about the players doing that little bit extra each week?

Maybe they weren’t putting in for the coach, but now it’s confirmed he won’t be there in 2016, they have come together to build a solid finish to the year?

Rumours I’ve heard is while they respect Geoff as a club legend, his coaching style wasn’t as popular.

@Tiger Watto:

Maybe, just maybe this late season revival is more about the players doing that little bit extra each week?

Maybe they weren’t putting in for the coach, but now it’s confirmed he won’t be there in 2016, they have come together to build a solid finish to the year?

Rumours I’ve heard is while they respect Geoff as a club legend, his coaching style wasn’t as popular.

It’s Hasler’s squad and Hasler’s tactics. They have gone backwards under Toovey, he is an awful coach.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme