Nine win's FTA TV right

FMD. Rabs for another five years 😦

7 years actually CB including 2016 and 2017

I wonder if our sentence can be shortened with good behaviour ……

ffs, so FOX wont be showing all games live? that means i will have to watch Neins wide world of SD sport for another half decade. Great.

Oh apparently negotiations between Fox and the NRL are still continuing so there still is hope yet.

Better be HD… Can see another marvellous seven years of standard def though.

I think if they are looking to stream games online then they are looking to the future and will broadcast in HD. Gem is a HD channel and they have sport on that, surely they can’t be that silly.

If Fox can Negotiate a simulcast deal much like with the afl they will be the true winners.

The NRL should have a clause in the contract to ensure their product is shown in HD.

I really was hoping someone else would get a go with the rights but it looks like it’ll be Rabs, Hadley and co for best part of another decade.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

@underdog:

If Fox can Negotiate a simulcast deal much like with the afl they will be the true winners.

Sounds like they’re structured it so that Fox will have no choice to simulcast.

Four FTA live games, that will hurt Fox’s subscriber base.

@mightymagpie:

The NRL should have a clause in the contract to ensure their product is shown in HD.

I really was hoping someone else would get a go with the rights but it looks like it’ll be Rabs, Hadley and co for best part of another decade.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

talk to the government about it, its to do with broadcast regulations in australia

@Cultured Bogan:

@underdog:

Here’s the thing though. In Melbourne with the AFL they thought the exact same thing. However the first month Fox footy started they saw a 100,000 increase in subscriptions.

Just like that.

If they create a Fox Nrl channel it will change the game for the better. So much content is available to be played in it.

No-one should be forced to watch Channel 9. Such a cruel punishment for being someone who likes rugby league. But Channel 9 have paid way overs to get the NRL.

In the end, with the rise of online streaming services like Netflix, both FTA and pay tv networks are dramatically losing their appeal. Live sport is one of the only things they can offer which netflix can’t (but yes you can stream illegally).

Fox serves the NRL far better than 9, yet gets treated like a crazy uncle at Christmas.

@underdog:

@Cultured Bogan:

@underdog:

Here’s the thing though. In Melbourne with the AFL they thought the exact same thing. However the first month Fox footy started they saw a 100,000 increase in subscriptions.

Just like that.

If they create a Fox Nrl channel it will change the game for the better. So much content is available to be played in it.

Well that depends on whether 9 paid for exclusive rights to broadcast those games live. Such an inflated figure suggests they did. So 9 will likely have live games every Thursday-Sunday night, with Fox picking up the scraps of the daytime games and Monday night footy is it still exists.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme