Leaderless Without Farah

While his game may not be at the level it once was - Robbies’ leadership is critical for our young team.

It’s almost like we are without a captain when he comes off.

Interested in who you guys consider his long-term replacement. Woodsie while being a champion player to me is not the type of character to lead a team, pressure the referees and fire the troops.

My pick would be Mitch Moses. Is super competitive and seems to have the arrogance needed to succeed.

Curtis Sironen IMO can be a player to lead by example in future years.

Can’t really think of anyone else TBH. Maybe it is because they’re all still young but still can’t envision any of the current players becoming an effective captain.

Agreed x2.

mitch is a future captain

Make that X3. Mitch is highly competitive, tough and a talker. I can definitely see him leading the team in a couple of years….

Woods or Moses as future leaders probably Woods with the c next to his name but Moses calling the shots in general play.

Personally, Chris Lawrence is the stand out to be the next Captain… But will he be a Tiger next year?!

If Sirro can actually rise to become a quality NRL player week in week out he’ll be captain.

Cherrington is also a natural leader.

Moses is too aggressive imo. If Sironen becomes a quality 80 minute backrower, he’s a no brainer for me.

If it’s Mitchell…I hope It’s a long time in the future

moses is more a loose cannon than a leader imo

it will be woods… everyone respects him, he leads with his actions but obviously he needs to develop some smartness when he talks to refs and opposition captains

maybe because they’re all very young but honestly, i dont see many leaders in this side. good or bad, i see a bunch of mates playing for each other- dont see anyone taking charge.

Yes, we missed his leadership but we missed his defence in the ruck just as much. Cherrington needs to be brought along slowly with more minutes next year but won’t be ready to replace Robbie for a while yet.

I’m for Rowdy if he stays

If not , good question Brooks probably , he is probably not as rash as Moses would be in a clutch decision

@Tony33:

Curtis Sironen IMO can be a player to lead by example in future years.

Can’t really think of anyone else TBH. Maybe it is because they’re all still young but still can’t envision any of the current players becoming an effective captain.

Sirro is the choice.

Next best is Moses.

You’d want to see Sirro put 20-22 games together first I think

I don’t mind the choice , he seems pretty level headed

My only problem with Moses is he is still very impetuous at times , age and experience will hopefully change that

If we’re looking at senior leaders to fill a void straight away, I wouldn’t go past Lawrence or Halatau. In terms of long term prospects, big Marty Taupau for me. He has the potential to become a real strong, influential leader for our Poly boys and we can really build our club culture around him.
Gentle giants off the field but tough and uncompromising on it.
I think it would take his game to another level too and hopefully get that odd penalty out of him.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme