Is JT channeling the Walker Bros?

When it comes to our attack lately we seem to be throwing the ball around everywhere with bodies in motion and wrap arounds much like the Ipswich Jets do in the Queensland Cup. Even the forwards run in pairs and are ball playing…big Keith played like a halfback on one occasion tonight lol…

Compare our ball movement to the dreadful days of Taylorball. It’s chalk and cheese. We are keeping the ball alive and looking for gaps and overlaps…which is how we score most tries recently. Everyone is running, promoting the ball and backing each other up. It’s beautiful to watch. There is some serious talent in this squad.

I’m liking the new and improved Taylorball…it’s good to watch…

I think he read my thread from a few weeks ago haha.

Yeah it was always going to take time to see what would and wouldn’t work with this squad with what he had

Certainly helping that we kept sides to under 20 points two weeks in a row , despite the no try

What the Walker’s have done with Ipswich is amazing

The club is broke (what’s new with the Jets ) and they are doing things outside the square across the board

One bloke from the Jets who should get a heap of praise is Jim Landy , has done a power of work with the Jets for probably close to 30 years for little or no payment and is a wonderful gentleman

And if your wondering where you’ve heard the name Watto , he is Brad Chicken’s Father in Law

Sterlo mentioned that a few times on triple m, just the amount of bodies in motion & support play. Hope we keep it going. I love the way our halves link up also.

I didn’t watch the match but how was our line speed? Definitely something I’d love to see more aggression in.

@greatodensraven:

Sterlo mentioned that a few times on triple m, just the amount of bodies in motion & support play. Hope we keep it going. I love the way our halves link up also.

I didn’t watch the match but how was our line speed? Definitely something I’d love to see more aggression in.

Our line speed was non-existent all game. Whether that contributed to the big Canberra boys tiring out I don’t know, but it’s definitely an area we can improve on.

Seeing the type of attractive attacking football we are capable of i feel the early criticism of Taylor was justified.

Moses and Brooks going to the coach and asking to play some more football under the structure was pivotal in turning this around.

I like where the team is headed for a change. One more big off season defensive push and we can be a much more competitive team.

@Tiger In The Gong:

Seeing the type of attractive attacking football we are capable of i feel the early criticism of Taylor was justified.

Moses and Brooks going to the coach and asking to play some more football under the structure was pivotal in turning this around.

I like where the team is headed for a change. One more big off season defensive push and we can be a much more competitive team.

I have to agree the improvement in the team has come because they now use their strengths instead of hiding them as the coach had them doing for much of the season.Hopefully lesson has been learnt

Like others really good to see some flair and when your got a gun like Teddy why would you not give him plenty of ball.

I still think they have a long way to go in order to compete with top four teams, but a month ago I gave them no chance,now Iam thinking it’s just a matter of time

lets not forget that this is all based on the confidence that the major improvements in defense brings.

Apart from a few lapses, our young side is trending positivly

I still don’t think our frontline defence has improved a great deal. Boyds 2 tries reminded me of u/10’s where one kid has grown bigger and is unstoppable near the line. Then there was the two line breaks late in the game. We just opened up both times.

What has improved is our scramble. If a break is made the majority turn and chase. Thats great attitude. Also our fullback is Slater like in defending his goal line. Teddy is saving 3 tries a game atm.

No quite as out there as the Walker boys.

I would love to see the Walker boys get a crack at NRL, i like the idea of more ways to play the game than a series of various block plays.

Hoping the interchange may also create a bit of this as well.

@stryker:

I still don’t think our frontline defence has improved a great deal. Boyds 2 tries reminded me of u/10’s where one kid has grown bigger and is unstoppable near the line. Then there was the two line breaks late in the game. We just opened up both times.

What has improved is our scramble. If a break is made the majority turn and chase. Thats great attitude. Also our fullback is Slater like in defending his goal line. Teddy is saving 3 tries a game atm.

if u go back and watch the replays ava and lovett miss boyd, there efforts were terrible.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme