Didn't matter in the end, but...

I was wondering why they never showed a proper replay of the Wighton take in the in goal which led to the 100m Raiders try. All we got was the commentators insisting the refs got it right, “as they always do”.

Yeah, not so much this time:
Yes, I know, play the whistle and all that - but when the game demands you sprint back to 30m to defend a full back running out of the in goal at full pelt that’s hard to do. I really hate the zero tackle restart rule - it was meant to stop teams kicking negatively, not give a massive penalty for slightly mis-executed attacking kicks.

He left the ground from the field of play so it was the correct call from the refs to say play on. For a change.

Thought the ref got it right and I thought he yelled ‘Play On’ immediately, enough times, and loud enough for a group of professional footballers to take notice. That was a very poor play from our boys.

Could of gone either way but that old famous saying "Play to the whistle"applies here.

What about the other kick off that hit Perenara?
Shouldn’t that be scrum feed to the team that kicked it?. And seriously he has an acre of room to stand in how did he let it hit him, probably practicing to count to 6

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

It’s the difference between good sides and great sides,great sides do not throw their hands up at the ref while their defensive line is being punctured,they make the tackles than give the ref a gob full!!!

The players most at fault for giving up on the play were Buchanan and Lovett.

Just another example of them not being first graders.

Taylor has made some good improvements to his coaching but carrying these two are not doing him any favours.

@tiga4eva:

Shouldn’t that be scrum feed to the team that kicked it?. And seriously he has an acre of room to stand in how did he let it hit him, probably practicing to count to 6

Didn’t see any replay of that incident but it did look like it hit him,if that was the case then it should be a scrum feed to the team whose attacking half the incident occurred in. Perenara is getting quite the ‘balls-up’ resume going in a short space of time.

@Fade To Black:

He left the ground from the field of play so it was the correct call from the refs to say play on. For a change.

He’d already landed when he caught the ball. It only matters where you started from if you catch the ball while you’re still in the air. Here’s a comparison: you can’t chase a grubber, jump from the in goal, land on both feet two metres past the dead ball line and then bat it back into play!

Incidentally, I totally agree that Buchanan and others (I didn’t notice Lovett myself but I’m sure it’s possible) mucked up the play. What I’m saying is that the restart rule forces players to make impossible decisions by turning attack into defence in an instant. That would be ok if it was because of some brilliant piece of skill from the fullback, like when one claims a kick deep in the in goal and beats several players on the way out. But that’s not the case. What we have here is defending sides being given a completely unearned reward for what might be fractionally mis-executed attacking kicks.

@Fade To Black:

@tiga4eva:

Didn’t see any replay of that incident but it did look like it hit him,if that was the case then it should be a scrum feed to the team whose attacking half the incident occurred in. Perenara is getting quite the ‘balls-up’ resume going in a short space of time.

It definitely hit Perenara’s arm……apparently that is play on!

I thought he caught it before he went into the in goal on first look so I will give the refs a pass. Tough decision to make.

I thought from a front on view ( so where maxwell was) it looked field of play, but from rear view looked like his foot was in goal and then caught the ball. Even Sisa was pointing back to the 20m and he was the closest to the catch.

Also the play that was a kick inside to Austin that he stuffed up, he was a mile offside.

My read was the same as 2041. I thought the decision was wrong. Play the whistle!

@saundo1982:

Also the play that was a kick inside to Austin that he stuffed up, he was a mile offside.

Possibly 2 miles.
Also, his punch on the ball after that midfield bomb bounced went 2m fwd, and yet the Raiders somehow ended up with 6 again.

Thought the game was very poorly refereed for both sides.

@ricksen:

@saundo1982:

Possibly 2 miles.
Also, his punch on the ball after that midfield bomb bounced went 2m fwd, and yet the Raiders somehow ended up with 6 again.

Thought the game was very poorly refereed for both sides.

Watching live at the ground didn’t think much to the hit of the ball and Tigers did after that get hands on the ball but lost it so as such 6 again was right call. But watching a replay on TV the ball did look to go a yard or 2 forward from Austin.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme